Instant Pot on Prime Day (in Canada at least)

(94cb664cc0cd1708cb68) #1

The instant pot duo, (7 in 1, 8 quart) is on Amazon for $99.99 (CDN) for a little while longer. Should I pull the trigger!? (Reg price is $179.99)

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

I have the 6qt IP, and love it. I’ve used it for roasts, short ribs, pork ribs, carnitas, and it makes great yogurt.

So I would enthusiastically recommend it. If I didn’t already have the 6qt, I’d probably jump on the deal (US has it on sale, too). Though I do wonder how much bigger the external dimensions are, and whether the 8qt would fit in the space where I’m storing the 6qt.

(Davi) #3

I own one myself and do need a 2nd one.
But, beware, I saw it at Walmart last week for $59! There was no rollback sticker so I think it was regular price now. Worth checking it out

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

Instant Pot brand? Or similar electronic pressure cooker? I’ve seen the latter at Wal-Mart for cheap, but not the IP version.

(Davi) #5

I don’t remember tbh.
It was either IP or the brand I have now which works as great as IP. They had both

(Davi) #6

Ok I checkee the website.
The farbeware is 59. The IP is 79. Both great prices but I would probably get another Farbeware. It’s worked great for a couple of years, maybe longer.

(94cb664cc0cd1708cb68) #7

Ordered and filed under “medical supplies” :wink:
Now to start bookmarking recipes to try!

(94cb664cc0cd1708cb68) #8

Just curious (and too lazy to switch countries and check for myself). What’s the US Amazon price for this one?

(m) #9

Oops, this was my post, apparently I put myself in anonymous. Crazy new fangled forums with all these cool functions I’m not used to!

(Tim) #10

They really need to make that harder to do on accident. And/or more apparent when you do it.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #11

US price is $89.99, which is actually $10 cheaper than the 6qt.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B01B1VC13K/

(m) #12

Thanks! Surprising not that big of a price difference between the US and Canada. I think we’ll be very happy together.

And if you feel like pointing me towards this carnitas recipe of yours, I would be eternally grateful!

(LUCAS KRAUSE) #13

I see an electric smoker for $271 regular is $374. , 40 inch master built.

(Francis Lessard) #14

Instant pot is amazing… I strongly recommend it !

(G. Andrew Duthie) #15

I used this recipe as a starting point:

http://instantpot.com/instantpot-carnitas/

Subbed out the liquid (used broth instead), since I didn’t want to use either beer or orange juice, for obvious reasons. :slight_smile:

(Brigette ) #16

I just ordered one too!! That’s is an amazing deal. Thank you for sharing this :grinning:

(Tim) #17

Too bad the ultra isn’t on sale. It’s the model I got, absolutely love the thing.

Still a great deal though.

(Troy) #18

Prime Day US
$59.99