Inositol supplementation

(Shayne) #1

The attached article has 189 references. It really gets into the science of inositol supplementation. I started looking into it because my new doctor suggested high doses and it seems it’s good for insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism, PCOS, erectile dysfunction, lipid profile, anxiety, and some other mental health issues.

(Erin Macfarland ) #2

I take it, it has a lot of good science behind it!

(Alana ) #3

I have been hearing about this supplement a lot lately. Out of curiosity what is the reason you are taking it? I read the article but would like to hear any personal results/reasons behind it. Thanks :):blossom:

(Allie) #4

I got my man some to help with his severe anxiety and it helped him massively, but the relief was alien to him and made him feel strange so he reverted to self medicating with vodka :unamused:

(Shayne) #5

I’ve only been taking it since Monday. From some of what I’ve read, some people feel the effects right away and others can take a couple of weeks, just like a Rx med.

So far, what I’ve felt is that I’m one of the few who suffer from the gastric side effects. My doctor has me on a high dose because I have PCOS AND my anxiety has been running high the last month or so… and the anxiety is creating a whole slew of other physical symptoms that hopefully will all be relieved by taking it. I do seem to be feeling better overall - with the anxiety, I’m hyperaware of every twinge, so I can say that my symptoms do seem to be easing up a bit. I look forward to the day when I feel good all day again!

(Failed) #6

I’ve recently been taking myo-inositol and choline again to lower my BG and researched whether I was lowering my BGs at the cost of increasing my insulin levels. It seems not.

I’d been taking this a few months ago, then tried metformin instead. The inositol works much better.