In health news

https://www.theonion.com/nutritionists-admit-you-can-just-eat-hot-dogs-and-live-1844383727!

“We put a lot of work into formulating dietary guidelines based on discoveries and advancements in the field of food science, but honestly, if you just ate wieners three times a day every day, you’d be okay,” said nutritionist Alison Lawler,

image|690x388

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

USDA: Frankfurter, wiener, or hot dog, NFS :roll_eyes:

Not terribly bad at all. In fact, sans bun and toppings, it’s even ketogenic with a fat:protein ratio of 2.4 fat grams : protein grams. Even the 3.13 grams of carbs per 100 grams works OK. To stay sub-20 grams of carbs per day, you could eat 6.39 dogs. At 332 kCals per dog, would total 2121.4 total kCals per day, which is in the ballpark of most folks to maintain.

Even the fatty acid profile is pretty good. SAD can be lots more crappy than this.

BTW, for those that might not know it, The Onion is a satire site.

(Bob M) #4

Only problem for me with wieners is that they are hard to digest. I can have one, maybe 2, but can’t make them a meal.

(Bunny) #5

Sausage dogs are good too throw on the grill and eat them with green tea mmmm

Corn grilled still in the husk mmmm!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Oh, my. This is not The Onion…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

It might as well be. I don’t think this is any more factual than the Onion article. Although author might be serious; it sounds as though he’s getting ready for the Rapture.

At least the Onion got it right, even though joking. :grin:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

He is admittedly getting ready for the rapture and you can buy his four books about it right there on the website.

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Not a fan of the Rapture.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #10