In A Stall - ON Drugs

I went on vacation and gained some weight. I was not concerned, I knew that once back to Keto, I would drop that quickly. Well that’s not happening like it used to in the past. As soon as I did get home, my doc put me on a new drug for a significant back problem - Gabapentin. While it has helped my back, it has put me in a stall. Despite being in full ketosis, carbs at or below 15 gyms., fasting from time to time and eating one meal a day - not budging.
I will continue to stick to my regime and hope I come off this drug at some time.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I am an amputee and I have been taking gabapentin the whole six months that I have been on keto. It helps reduce the amount of phantom pain episodes I have and I sleep better with it. I have lost 30 lbs. while taking it. I realize drug reactions are different for all of us but I would suggest it might not be the culprit.

I see you’re a new member here, how long have you been doing keto and how long is the stall? Where are you in your weight loss journey? Towards the end or starting out?

Thanks for your note. Actually I have been on keto for over a year and half. Over a year I lost about 45 lbs and then plateaued. I was fine with that. I went on vacation for 6 weeks and gained about 13 lbs. I have lost a pound or two but just stopped despite fasting, etc.
I connected this to the gabapentin because that’s the only change but you could be right. But I am not willing to come off the drug to find out.

Gabapentin can indeed affect weight loss and stalls and is one of the reasons I don’t use it. But I don’t have the details as to why. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Hey, @Didip

@PaulL should be able to direct you to some advice. Also, a search for Gabapentin in Health yields a bunch of good info. Try it.