Impossible burgers

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

…had already sounded like a really lame idea to me, then I found out, that they contain a substantial amount carbs ! Really ? Like WTF ! Meat is the one thing Ive never really had to worry about concerning Keto.
So I was watching a You Tube vid and they bring up the nutritional aspects. Of course they go right to the grams of protein, and fats, but completely skip by carbs, as if they are not important !

It really makes me no difference how these things look or taste. They certainly don’t fit the Keto WOE.

People can eat all of that garbage that they want to, and leave the real, 0 carb meat, for me :wink:

(Carl Keller) #2

I will pass on the GMO burger. Besides it being a slap in the face to nature, it’s tested high in pesticides, according the consumer advocacy group Mothers Across America. Impossible Food’s reaction was to challenge MMA’s credibility instead of running their own tests to prove otherwise.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/06/04/impossible-burger-glyphosate-residues.aspx

I was heartbroken when I found out artificial crab legs were full of carbs. :scream:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #4

Yea’… Not surprising. Monsanto is a BS company.
But personally speaking, I’d rather eat a little bit of toxins, than carbs :slightly_smiling_face: lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

VEGAN CRAP💩

#WhyWouldYouEatThis?

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

Water, textured wheat protein, coconut oil, potato protein, natural flavors, 2% or less of leghemoglobin (soy), yeast extract, salt, konjac gum, xanthan gum, soy protein isolate, vitamin E, vitamin C, thiamine (vitamin B1), zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and vitamin B12.

Textured wheat protein = gluten
Soy protein isolate = MSG

I don’t have issues with MSG, just pointing out the sneaky ingredients list. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ethan) #7

Yeast extract is msg

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

Yeah, I’m trying to imagine this living up to the claim of the taste and texture of beef?
The whole claim of superior nutrition seems to be all the fortified vitamin content, which is probably about as bioavailable as a cheap vitamin pill. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #9

My mother, who is nothing if not adventurous, bought a pack and tried it. She took one bite, declared it unfit for human consumption, and threw the rest away.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #10

But even if it tasted fantastic, it has carbs, so it’s definitely unfit for Keto…