Immitation crab meat!

(Metanoia) #1

OMG I am so upset, I was in a hurry and grabbed a spring roll from the grocery store, ripped off the rice paper and just ate the crab & lettuce. I also just found out that immigration crab meat is full of carbs! :frowning: there was maybe a few tablespoons of immigration crab. Is this enough to take me out of ketosis? ? i already ate one whole avocado today:(

You’ll be ok. Keto isn’t an all or nothing deal. Lesson learned, I didn’t know that about imitation crab either.

Such a bummer on the imitation crab meat! I purchased some when I was keto shopping a few days before I started (and before I joined this forum) ASSUMING it would be a good, low carb food. WRONG! Too bad - it would be a nice, easy meal to go with the yummy butter. :frowning:
Sue

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

I would really like to see that crapmeat made illegal. It is nasty and nothing what so ever like real crab meat.

Ugh, I just found this out today. After eating some on my salad.

(Ken) #6

FYI, the real name of the product is Surimi. It’s very popular in Asia, especially Japan. It’s usually made from Alaskan Pollok caught în the Bering Sea, using huge factory ships that process and freeze the catch immediately. Large filets are frozen whole, the smaller ones are used for Surimi. Yes, it has carbs, as potato starch is used as the binder for the paste, then flavorings such as crab or lobster are added, and it is cut up into whatever size and shape required.

There’s a real cool documentary about it that comes on TV occasionally