I'm not losing, always hungry

I am the same, I haver been on Keto for nearly two months, lost 2kg initially and then nothing. I am vigilant on counting carbs, protein and fat. I am craving some clean food and I am always hungry which I hate. My brother lost 10kgs over a few weeks but I found he doesn’t eat for two days at a time. Not for me.

Stall, and hungry
(Alec) #2

You must not be hungry. If you are hungry, eat something, but make sure it is fatty ie resist the carbs, eat fat instead.

(Khara) #3

I find this interesting. Why are you not already eating clean food? Make a nice cut of meat and a side of veggies with butter. Eat enough of this to be satisfied but not stuffed. Put your focus on listening to your body rather than counting and eating to macros.

Hi Khara, I do that. By clean food I mean a nice bowl of fruit. I have salads too but I was finding I was not losing any weight, I want to get healthier but also lose some of the weight I have gained since menopause. It is not because I have been eating rubbish it just happened.

Hi Khara,
thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

You never need to go hungry on a ketogenic diet. Eat to satiety.

In other words, keep your carbohydrate low, and then eat enough protein and fat to satisfy your hunger. You should be satisfied enough to go several hours between meals. If you do need a snack, make sure it is protein and fat, not carbohydrate, and increase your fat at the next meal.

If you have calculated your intake on the basis of some online application, ignore the macros and just eat to satiety. As long as you keep your carbohydrate intake low enough, your insulin level will stay low enough for your fat cells to release excess stored fat to be metabolized. Your appetite will guide you in making sure that you give your body enough calories for it to be willing to part with some of its energy reserve.

Thank you so much for the support. I was beginning to feel like this was just another dead end food trail.

Kind regards

(Dawn Ellis) #8

I was hungry for the first few weeks, eat more fat and it will eventually go away.

I have been on the Keto diet for over six weeks now and still no weight loss. I have started to eat more fat but nothing is happening. I cant say that I have a lot more energy but my head is clearer.

Interestingly i have a similar issue. I have been following keto for several months now & lost 2kg. I am not a big eater & got down to one meal a day, waiting 18 hrs between food & nothing. Initially i was pain free but now after every gym day i am in pain. I am now fed up. I have home grown fruit thatvi cant eat, pawpaws, mandarins, oranges etc. I only want to lose 10kg but it does not budge.

Asking for help is not my thing... But I need it now

Moved these posts into one topic

(Edith) #12

Are you keeping up your electrolytes? At one point I stopped supplementing salt and I started getting terrible cramps and aches that moved around my body. Once I re-upped my salt, the muscle pain and cramps went away. Now, if I get cramps in my calves during the night, I know I did not eat enough salt during the day.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #13

There’s a lot of conflicting information out there, but when you can keep it simple it works best. Here is a handy guide. I also highly recommend videos by Amy Berger on YouTube. Diet Doctor is also a reliable source.

(Scott) #14

When I see “hungry” I think add fat. When I see “headache” or “craving” I think add salt. When I see “newbie not losing weight” I think check you carb count for sneaky carbs that are hiding and give it more time.

(Andrew) #15

I am the exact same way. I wake up starving. Obviously it is better on keto but I am hungry all the time. I don’t lose weight on keto but my BG is much much better. I tried just keto for 9 months and lost no weight.

You will have to do some fasting. I would guess 36 hr fasts are what will work. Fasting is the only thing that helps my hunger (and helps lose weight). Sucks for us. GL