I'm nicer

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1

This weekend I got into the first size 14 pants since 2012. When I told the gals at work they congratulated me and said I seem happier these days and in not so many words, nicer.

It’s official: KETO can make you a nice person. :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I think that I’m nicer too. Or maybe just less grumpy! :cowboy_hat_face:

(John) #3

Well, maybe it can make YOU a nice person. I’ll just be a thinner grouchy old bastard.

I got accused of being nice today :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Carl Keller) #5

I am not nicer. I am less mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

Wow, aside from Grouchy Ol’Bastard John, it seems to be true! :laughing:

(Laurie) #7

I was hoping for inspiration/motivation, and this just might be it! Thank you.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

@islandlight Laurie, I think you’re very nice already!

I’ll second that :smile:

(Janelle) #10

If you feel good about yourself, I think it shows. If you’re self loathing, it must come across as rudeness (like when people tell you to smile and it just induces another “leave me alone” scowl - lol).

(Libby) #11

I like to say: “Don’t tell ME what kind of day to have!!” :rage:

Lol

(Empress of the Unexpected) #12

@PetaMarie. Still working on it. But hey, this post stopped me in my tracks. I was having a snark attack, read the post, and decided on an attitude adjustment. Thanks, girl!

Good to hear.

Previously I thought I must be a pacifist, I just didn’t want to rock the boat or take on any issues… but it turns out I just didn’t have the energy to take up any battles. Too tired to bother.

At work I’d let stupidity slide, but now I have more energy I’m taking up issues and sticking to my guns. This surprises some people. I am diplomatic and polite and I’m careful not to offend, in the end people have apologized or come around but it was a battle.

I’ll also tackle issues with the kids where previously I couldn’t be bothered.

I am definitely happier in my own skin now (my daughter said “hey you’re happy now, what’s going on”).

So its’ 50/50 for me on that front. Nicer and less willing to back down. Gotta watch it.

(MooBoom) #14

I’m nicer too. My moods are even and I’m not so tired. Increased energy means my tolerance for things that would normally drive me nuts is improved. Things are just more even keeled on keto, I guess because energy is increased and more stable (for me, anyway).

(Laurie) #15

That is really wonderful!

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #16

I can agree with this. I feel happier because I feel thinner, getting back to the body I have always felt comfortable in. Some people mistake depression for bad moods and therefore will say you seem nicer.

I personally was depressed before Keto as I watched my sexy, healthy body slip away and I felt helpless that nothing was working…until Keto.

(Ivy) #17

Congrats u are nice u left me a great positive message and I loved it !

(David Jones) #18

Awesome!
I’ve been keto for 14 months. I’m wearing corduroy’s again :). I know I hear it at work! I seen them at Kohl’s so I bought a bunch.

(Marius the butter craving dude) #20

I was told I smile more often and my smile is much more natural.