I'm Hungry

(Liz ) #21

Eat more at lunch, if you can. If not, can you take some salt and wait out the hunger? It might fade if you ignore it. But if not, definitely eat more at your meals.

Ok, Dr. Jason Fung (you really need to listen to his stuff) explains that if you start eating more calories while keeping insulin low you will not gain weight, you will simply speed up metabolism and burn more energy. (Although you may grow some muscle.) The body is like a thermostat and will regulate itself as long as insulin is in check. It’s when you raise insulin AND eat alot that you will store fat. I’ve tried it, it’s true. I was trying to speed up my metabolism after I had intermittently fasted for over a year AND not ate enough daily as well, thus slowing my metabolism down to a sloth. I was freezing, now I’m always warm. I raised metabolism by eating lots of fatty steaks with veggies cooked in lots of lard. I must have been eating 3000 to 4000 calories per day. I gained a few pounds at first and then maintained while speeding up metabolism. Keep insulin low by eating fat, meat, veggies until you burst. You will be fine.
Oh, and whenever I fast, I’m starving ALL THE TIME. And I know I’m fat adapted, some of us are just hungrier than others :grin:

(Allie) #23

I’ve found that my body needs more protein after an intense gym session. If I don’t eat extra on the day ofbthe tough session then I have to have extra food the next day. Took me a while to figure it out but finally got it when I realised it was always the day after leg day that I was mega hungry.

I had the same experience. In the beginning, I always tracked, but as you noted, my macros were always on point. I do spot checks from time to time too.

Everyone has had great responses on the calorie question. Here is a video that may ease your mind a bit on that front. There are a lot of similar videos (by other people who’ve tried this experiment) on Youtube. 4000 calorie challenge..

(Chris McRoberts) #26

Ok, I think this is where I messed up before. Almost 9 pm,a little hungry. Old me would have tried to power thru, but ultimately cave in and fall off wagon. Tonight, I just had a spoonful of coconut oil. Is that right?

Yep, you can’t go wrong with a healthy fat.