I'm having trouble getting dressed in the mornings!

('Jackie P') #1

I don’t know what’s wrong with me! I’m too fat for thin clothes and too thin for fat clothes!
All the trousers that fit me around the waist (because they are all elasticated!), hang off my bottom and legs and drag 3 inches on the ground! All the slimmer trousers and skinny jeans fit me but give me a wobbly spare tyre above the waist!
I know it is really a NSV, but 3 days running I have had my entire wardrobe (slight exaggeration) strewn across my bedroom and today I was late for lunch with the ladies!:confused:
I dunno if anyone wants to know about this but I just wanted to get it off my chest!:smirk:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I’m kind of in the same boat, but I don’t keep the ladies waiting. :cowboy_hat_face:

Seriously though I have the same problems. I have twice given boxes of fat clothes to the homeless and I am about to do it again with clothes that I was too big to wear when I started almost 9 months ago. Pretty soon I am going to have to replace almost everything I have left. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a victory for sure, better than still being able to wear the fat clothes. When I hold them against myself I think, “I can’t believe this was too small for me and I could go swimming in this”.

:cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #3

Haha, you are far too much of a gentleman!
I have given so many clothes away and thought I had my summer wardrobe sorted!
I’m just going to have to think again!:slight_smile:

(George) #4

Same here. I’m 5 1/2 months in, down 58 lbs. (hopefully more rapid weight loss to come since I’m eliminating dairy) and ALL my clothes are too big on me now. It’s a shame because I own quite a few great quality pendleton shirts that will never fit me again (these are very expensive shirts :frowning: :frowning: ) I literally have to fold the front part of my pants over, then tighten the belt over that LOL. I’m being a cheapskate and waiting to buy clothes at the end of the year, hopefully around the time I’ll be close to goal weight and just replace my entire wardrobe at once.

I get it! I am with you. All but a couple of my pants don’t fit. It is a nice problem to have, but since I am not at my goal, it is also frustrating. I don’t want to invest in too much right now.

Oh and my shirts are all XL but I can probably easily get into a large (maybe a couple mediums). Let’s just say I am going with the drapey look right now.

('Jackie P') #6

Yes I have been doing the drapy look, but now I just look like a sad orphan!
I feel confident and want to wear slimmer clothes, but Im just too flabby round the middle! Just because I can doesn’t mean I should!
Maybe a new tummy control vest! I wore out the lycra on the last one!:blush:
I shouldn’t moan, and I’m not really, just a bit of fun☺!

I wear light spandex-blend tanks from Kohl’s under most of my shirts. That little bit of spandex makes me feel pulled in just enough. And sometimes they are on sale for $5.

('Jackie P') #8

Wow, I’m in the UK so Marks & Spencers for me! Bit more pricey though!:blush:

(Door Girl) #9

I had to get rid of so many clothes! I’m now enjoying clothes I purchased in my very early 20’s… fortunately they are back in style!

I’m going with a minimalist approach to clothes as I slide down the scale, and as I’m about to slide back up the scale a bit as I move into my second trimester of pregnancy. Project 333 is just one of the minimalist capsule wardrobe ideas out there.

I’m hoping that my maternity wear will mostly be the clothes I shrunk out of. I was lucky enough that it worked that way on my previous pregnancies, even though those were pre-keto. I have way too many sheaths that won’t stay up, but might with a belly. Or maybe I’ll check out maternity suspenders?

Basic easy care staples appropriate to your life will help you as you slide down the scale, especially if you learn to accessorize. Not like I have a clue in that department, but #lifegoals right?

Just wait til you need to choose between small and medium when trying on clothes rather than the L/XL that were ALWAYS the sizes of choice… though I know some of that is vanity sizing as my own vintage wear was L those nearly 20 years ago…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

The thrift stores can be your friend now while you wait for your maintenance weight to arrive and get nice clothes as a reward for your victory. I just get tired of looking like a :clown_face:. :joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Brian) #11

Wardrobe is a pain when losing weight, or inches even when the weight seems stable.

For me, out in the country, overalls are easy. They wouldn’t work for most people. If they’re floppy, nobody cares. And for mowing or working out in the garden, they’re comfy and I haven’t a care what they look like.

My wonderful nice fitting “skinny” jeans that I was so pleased with for a while, they’re starting to fall off of me and look baggy (just about requiring suspenders) despite the scale not really going far over the last few months. But it still bugs me that I have a little “roll” around the middle that probably is gonna be one of the last things to go… might even require some fasting. All in good time, I suppose.

(George) #12

Ah, good idea!. I actually have a discount store right across the street from me. I’ll have to stop by and check it out.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #13

I’ve only been doing this for a couple of months and I’ve already had to tighten the belt on my work uniform two notches. And the belt is the only thing holding my pants on!

We just got measured for new uniforms but it takes a year to get them in. I’m glad my work reimburses for alterations.

('Jackie P') #14

I am also lucky enough to have a few old ‘slim’ clothes that haven’t dated.
The problem seems to be that as I was gradually getting bigger, I was feeling fatter and less confident and dressed accordingly. This went on for about 20 years, putting on and taking off the same 10lbs + 1.
Now that I am getting slimmer, I am feeling more confident and don’t want to dress how I did!
I hope that makes sense!:roll_eyes:
Best wishes with your pregnancy :blush:

(Scott) #15

I guess I did this backwards. I on a calorie restricted diet I lost 50 pounds and got new clothes. I then started to put it back on to the tune of 30 pounds. Had to get some larger pants and shirts and they were getting tight again. now I am back to my skinny pants again.

(Door Girl) #16

It makes perfect sense! I had some clothes that were more recently and fit, but didn’t fit the new (old) me. I’m back to my 21/22/23 year old self, though some of those clothes are just too young so they were donated. Anything from my 30’s is either too big or too “hidden in plain sight.” Though I may be able to wear a few of the better larger things for a final hurrah this year.

Take the new shopping slowly, I’m dismayed by the poor quality of clothing even in high end stores. The good thing is that when I find a quality item that is right for me, it is easier to go ahead and make the purchase.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #17

All I can add is thank god for the auto lock belt buckle!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #18

I’ve been making due with the pants I’ve got. Although when I go shopping for pants I think I’m gonna have a bit of a problem. I was already small, and not doing this for weight loss…but weight/fat loss happened. The problem I have is that I was already at the lower end of men’s pants sizes (30x30). I like the men’s pants because they have large pockets. Now I may have to either try to find women’s pants that have decent pockets OR step down into the larger boys sizes.

(George) #19

So I caved in and went to Ross on my lunch break, bought some clothes LOL.

('Jackie P') #20

:blush::joy: cool!