I'm feeling quite queasy

(Sandie) #1

Hi this is my first post but I have been reading and following along for a month or so. I started eating Keto 8 weeks ago and have lost about 14 kgs. Of course I’m very happy about this. Today is the first day I think I got my fat/protein balance right. Previously I’m pretty sure I was eating too much protein. My carbs are under ten grams so I know I have that right. Anyway after eating more fat today I feel a bit queasy. Is this normal?

Sandie

(Tom Seest) #2

It can be.

It could also be the source of the dietary fat. MCT Oil, as an example, can make you feel a little off and suffer gastric distress if you over consume it in the beginning.

It could also be a lack of dietary enzymes to process the fats.

I would recommend just tracking it, and see if it improves over time.

Yes it can be. I actually over did the butter last night - please don’t shoot me @tdseest! - and felt really sick. That whole ‘fat to satiety’ thing? Factor in the queasy factor too. If something makes you feel sick, you need to dial it back. There could be better ways to get the fat up (if you need to) that don’t make you feel sick. I find usually that fats within foods rarely make me feel sick - so a lovely fatty steak I will eat with relish. When I pile butter on it I may feel queasy (last night). I could have another day where my body is just saying, “Eat all the fat NOW”. Listen to what your body is saying and try and give it what it wants. Don’t fall into the trap of doing what you think you should though. You are right in focussing on the carb count first - perfect. Keep an eye on protein but basically feel the other two out a bit and work out what feels right that day. We women are complex creatures and things change all the time. Switch it up as Megan Ramos says.

(Sandie) #4

Thanks so much, I will give it a go.

If the protein/fat ratio was working for now, why did you change?

(Cathy Schroder) #6

I felt quite nauseous for the first few months as well as I adjusted to eating fat. It does settle in time!

(Sandie) #7

I’m happy I’m not the only one. I changed my fat/protein ratio because the more I read the more it became clear that I was probably eating too much protein.