I'm fasting!

("Don't call it calories, call it food") #1

I started keto on August 1st, and I have yet to do a full 24-hour fast. I’m feeling yucky from eating too many carbs over the last few days, and I thought I might try my first 24 hour fast today. I last ate at 9 last night, so if I can make it till tomorrow morning it will be 33 hours. I know I need to up my electrolytes, and I am having a bit of MCT oil in my coffee. I’m just posting this here to make it feel more official :slight_smile:

Good for you! I’m 56 hrs into a 4 1/2 day fast…goal is to make it to Thanksgiving.

(John) #3

Great! I have been trying to break through a stall myself so I just completed a 24-hour fast. Breakfast yesterday to breakfast today, nothing but water, black coffee, and tea in between.

Kind of easy really, just need to skip 2 meals in a row. I find it works best during a work day when I am generally pretty busy and don’t always have time for lunch and may have to work late.

Yay! You can do it!
For me it’s such a mental hurdle (rather than physical).The best thing I find is to distract myself with other activities until the hunger pangs pass, or take a bit of broth.

(Robert C) #5

I am on the same pain train - Saturday dinner to Thanksgiving dinner.
Really reduces the guilt of making relatives happy by trying a little bit of everything (oh and I will like the scale on Thursday morning!).

(Carl Keller) #6

Try not to look at the time so much. I find that times you typically eat are the hardest. Once you make it past the dinner hour, lunch hour etc, it becomes much easier to not think about food. Keto on elasto! :wink: