If you need inspiration and patience

progress
progresspics

(Carolyn aka stokies) #1

This was me in 2017 on the left, pushing 300. That was taken in early Dec. I was going through a lot - the death of my mother so soon after my father. A stressful job. And facing decisions about whether to go back to school for my doctorate. I was hurting. Depressed. Beaten up. But not entirely broken.

The other picture is me last week, at 165. Hang in there through the stalls. Have faith in your body’s healing journey. There are times I wanted to give up. There are times I got derailed. Between doubting myself and my impatience, you here have helped me stay the course. And of course getting to hang with @carl and others at meet ups is inspiring. I am beyond excited to keep moving forward. Even if that means hiccups and slips. Because we just keep ketoing on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hang in there through the holidays! I survived last year and so far so good this one LOL. You got this!

(Liz Ellen) #2

Incredible. I needed to see this today. Thanks for posting.

(Bob M) #3

Very nice!

(Jane) #4

This thread put a big smile on my face - thanks! You have done an amazing job.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #5

Awww so glad to hear! Thanks for the feedback :heart:

('Jackie P') #6

Wow! Look at you! Amazing😃

(Carolyn aka stokies) #7

Thank you :sunny:

(Rebecca ) #8

Congratulations on getting your health back! You look, and I will bet you feel fantastic! Thank you for reminding us that this isn’t a “quick fix”…and that it takes perseverance and patience…:hugs:

(Susan) #9

Amazing, Carolyn. You have always been an inspiration to me since I first joined this forum. Thank you for posting this and giving the rest of us hope and inspiring us to continue the race to health and looking amazing like you do =). You look “Absolutely fabulous” and are a beautiful Keto woman =).

(Kristen Ann) #10

Thanks @stokiesgoneketo, I needed both inspiration & patience :slight_smile:

(Marianne) #11

This is so fabulous! You look amazing in your skinny jacket, styling leggings and boots.

I just posted this quote on another thread here that I came across this morning on FaceBook on the dietdoctor page:

"If you quit now…

You’ll end up right back
where you first began.
And when you first
began, you were desperate
to be where you are
RIGHT now.

Keep Going!"

(Adriana Gutierrez) #12

Way to go!

(Jessica) #13

Yes I need this too! You look fabulous!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #14

You look like an entirely different person!

Wow! Congratulations :slight_smile: it is very nice seeing all that hard work finally paying off :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Fantastic transformation. You look like a different person.

Just wonderful. Very awesome.

(Beth rubalcaba) #18

So inspiring! Thank You for sharing!!!

(Grant MacDonald) #19

Fantastic!

(Randy) #20

Amazing!!!