If you had

(Christy) #1

only 56 hours to live & could only pick one (whole?) food, (Keto or not) what would you choose?

For me, I would eat all the tomatoes I could ingest … Salty, peppery tomatoes until I die :facepunch:t3:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

I might have to agree with you on the tomatoes. Or watermelon with salt, but probably tomatoes. The heirloom kind, room temperature, eaten like apple with but salt sprinkled on before every bite.

(Christy) #3

I tnink I love you Peta! Watermelon with salt is probably the next best thing :drooling_face: or Cantelope with S&P :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Edit; Everything, always at room temp :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Are you from the south? Tomatoes off the vine and my mother handing us the salt shaker at the end of summer is one of my fondest food memories.

I have had friends who balk at salt on watermelon but it’s so yummy! We can’t forget an ear of corn with butter, salt and pepper either, though.

(Christy) #5

Haha! I am :relieved: Born & raised in Texas. I ventured out to CO around 25, then ended up in the PNW about 5 years ago. There are so, so many things I miss about the South.

I spent my Junior prom night in the ER because I had a 5 gallon bucket of Cherry Tomatoes & a salt shaker for the prior 6 hours :rofl::sob: Soooo worth it :laughing:

I do love corn on the cob but, I honestly don’t miss it all that much.

(Carl Keller) #6

Wagyu prime rib, medium.

(Christy) #7

A good Wagyu burger is one of my favorites. Where I’m at it’s hard to find a traditional Wagyu, though. It’s mostly America raised, with the same price tag minus the quality.

(Christy) #8

Idk how much international shipping is but, if it’s not extraordinarily expensive I can send you some homegrown heirlooms, etc. My tomatoes last year were to die for!

(Alec) #9

(Sheena!) #10

Sweet Watermelon and salt!!!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #11

Well I’m in KY so it would probably only cost a buck for you to send me a dried up one and I’ll plant the seeds!

(Christy) #12

Wow! I’m not sure why my brain had me convinced you were across the pond somewhere :woman_facepalming:t3: Maybe it was my pickle juice & vodka cocktail lol.

I will definitely set some seeds aside for you! When do you usually plant in KY? Mid April?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #13

I usually start seedlings inside this or next month and put them out when they’re around 6-12 inches tall. Any smaller than that and my release squirrels just bite their little heads off. I’ll pm you!

(Ethan) #14

Crabs

('Jackie P') #15

It has amazed me how I have lost my cravings for so many foods I used to eat, not so much sweet things but potatoes - crisps, chips, mash, roast, baked even boiled! So I would probably have a bit of a potato fest!
And for dessert what I would love to eat is a ripe mango sprinkled with lime juice, a sweet ripe pineapple and a bowl of juicy cherries! These are the things I miss most!
But I wouldn’t swap them for my health!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

BACON!!

Definitely bacon. :bacon::bacon:

('Jackie P') #17

Crabs? Or carbs ?

(Ethan) #18

Crabs… seafood

('Jackie P') #19

Haha! Just checking!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #20

Okay totally carb bad. But I’m dying right? Fried Green tomatoes with dukes mayo on bunny white bread. The breading has to be flour, egg and corn meal.