If you don't have anything nice to say

@AmerHerodotus what a great testimony! You’re right, we have much we can learn from each other.

It’s kinda like my family. I love my siblings to death, but that doesn’t mean we’ve never fought.

(Doug) #63

Maxwell, quite true. We don’t hear voice tone or perceive body language on a message board. Wow - I am sorry you feel you “get bullied almost every time I post.” That is so surprising to me. However, you are clearly far from the only one - and I see there is a lesson in this.

Some of us really like to argue and debate; I freely admit this about myself. To an extent, it works both ways: you definitely have a point, yet we also see people insisting on factually incorrect things, generalizing from the particular, etc., and perhaps it comes off as being “hard” on them when we take issue with it. Not at all saying you do those things.

(Bunny) #64

I always try to take the negative and make it a positive, try to understand the person and the humanity and what it means to be a conscious being, make it a learning experience!

If everything was the same this would be a very boring world!

(KCKO, KCFO) #65

^^^^ This is my experience. Sorry if you don’t see it that way. I have been on the 'net in forums and on mailing lists that make this one a Love In for sure.

You can just scroll by the posts that you don’t feel apply to your situation. We must take some personal responsibility when we venture onto the 'net, in any forum or comments sections.

I love that this forum is more science based I have learned so much here I am forever grateful for the 2ketodudes and most of the posters here. They helped me change my life and my WOE.

So sorry if you are only seeing the negativity here. Keep away from FB is you can’t handle negativity. Good luck on your Journey.

(Mike Glasbrener) #66

I’ve been away a bit… I must say this is by far the most engaging and educational forum I’ve seen wrt science, health and diet. Most members are truly helpful. When someone gets stuck and talks in terms of absolutes then I get worried. We’re all snowflakes and on our own journey to learn what works best (whatever that means) health and desired lifestyle. Querying others on the forum is immensely helpful for this. In general I haven’t seen much person conflict on this forum in the past. I hope it hasn’t changed. Some people’s post style comes off as abrasive when they don’t mean it that way also.

(TJ Borden) #67

Must not be talking about me🤣

(TJ Borden) #68

Oh, I think I know who you’re talking about. That dude is a dick.

(TJ Borden) #69

I’m definitely guilty of that. Most of the time I’m being a smart ass, but if you don’t know me AND you can tell my intended tone, I come across as a much bigger asshole than I really am.

(Running from stupidity) #70

#bigcall

This bums me out, as I know from my own brief conversations with you that you’re a great contributor with interesting questions that have gotten me thinking about things that hadn’t occurred to me. I’m glad you decided to stick it out. *$%& the bullies!

(Jane) #72

You always crack me up!!!

I could see where some would mistake your wicked sense of humor for rudeness but they misjudging and missing out on an opportunity to laugh - which reduces cortisol!!!
:smiley:

! I’ve read a ton of your posts and would not have recognized you until I got the the end of Maxwell’s post. Glad the back and forth had such a nice outcome for Maxwell but … I don’t know, I guess tone is hard to read sometimes and we all have a different take on it? I find you a wonderful presence - smart, very funny, and helpful.

(TJ Borden) #74

I’m glad it worked out in the end, but I have to be honest, I didn’t read all the way to the end of your post and until @Madeleine’s comment, I didn’t realize it actually WAS directed at me.

I’m sorry if you took at as bullying. I looked through my post history to find what you were referring to (I would never have found it if you hadn’t remembered the date), and we definitely had a disagreement about glucose, but I’m not seeing how anything I said, regardless of tone, was anything close to bullying.

The first time I ever addressed you was actually to agree with you.

I’m also at a loss as to what I said that was disrespectful to woman. If you could fill me in, I’d appreciate it. I mean that sincerely, because if I am doing or saying something that is disrespectful, I want to correct it; if for no other reason, if my wife finds out she’ll kick my ass.

I know I can be abrasive, and I don’t have a good filter. I’ve been invited to leave more than one job because I voiced an opinion that wasn’t welcomed. :grin:

Like I said, I’m glad it worked out for you and that you stuck around. In the future, if you’re ever willing to talk to me again, if it seems like I’m being an asshole, feel free to say “TJ, you’re being an asshole.”

(Empress of the Unexpected) #75

I don’t see you as being disrespectful to women. You give very good advice. In fact, if I were in crisis mode (which I am not) I would ask your opinion. You are one of the more informative posters on the forums. You are not an asshole, it’s called dry wit.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #76

Sorry, but you are a big Teddy :bear: Albeit a very knowledgeable one…

Just going to agree with @Regina & say I’ve never noticed any particular disrespect toward women from you - I would gladly (& without hesitation!) point it out if I did :smile: I too can be a bit of a smartarse but would hate someone to think I was bullying them.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #78

Thank you Safi!

(Running from stupidity) #79

OK, it’s clearly false dichotomy week. Why was I not told?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #80

Because he speaks the truth??? He knows what he is doing? He gives good advice.? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Dry wit rocks?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #81

And he has added in beer? Do you need more proof of his awesomeness?