IF shuts down your thyroid and lowers testosterone?

(PJ) #21

That’s interesting. For people who look at things based on ‘mankind and history’ (as we think we know it… ha), I wonder how much sea/river life they ate. Since everyone has to be near SOME water, perhaps there weren’t any peoples without some kind of sea or river life in their diet. I’ve read in passing about many old cultures and the foods they ate and some had nothing fishy/shelly (the technical term) much of anywhere. (Maybe it just wasn’t mentioned.) Are there any land sources of DHA?

(Tom Sands) #22

My girlfriend had problems with thyroid since birth. She was in hospital many times because of and even now she has some hormone issues from time to time. We read about fasting and we decided to give it a shot. It was saying that it is a great way of losing weight and living healthy. At first it was going great, we were making a lot of good progress. I felt better than ever, that diet mixed with good workout was working great for me. The problem was that my girlfriend started having problems with her thyroid again. It was becoming really bad and we had to look for a solution. Her medications were not really working and we looked online for a better one. We read a review on https://femadata.com/thyroid-support-review/ which talks about natural thyroid support medication. She started taking it and with that she could go on diet and we both have really good results now.

This is an old thread, so my comment may not be seen. However, Mike Mutzel, the podcaster, is a bit off on a lot of issues.

He first jumped on the bandwagon blaming IF and KETO for causing T2 diabetes. He was wrong.

Today we know this higher fasting glucose for long term ketosis and IF adherents as ADAPTIVE GLUCOSE SPARING, which is a completely benign adaptation to KETO and IF. But that’s a different story.

I quit listening to his podcasts years ago. It’s worth noting you never see him mentioned in any of the mainstream KETO/IF circles for legitimate reasons and he never has any of those considered mainstream on his podcast.

It’s also worth mentioning, the Dr. Esposito in this podcast is neither an MD or OD, but is a “naturopathic doctor” and acupuncturist. That in itself is troublesome.

Bottom line, I wouldn’t put a whole lot of credence to this podcast.