IF OMAD Questions?

(Chris Zarza) #1

Do you (Keto Dudes) eat only one meal a day 7 days a week?

How do you pick the time of day when to eat?

Do you eat anything at all outside of that one meal?

I’m not one of the dudes, but I eat OMAD during the work week. I eat dinner because it works with my family life. I eat nothing else but a million shots of espresso and water and salt. Sometimes, I may be oddly hungry (from just hunger or stress) so I keep olives and canned sardines in my office and will make a meal of those. I eat with a larger eating window on weekends and holidays.

(Hoteski) #3

Not one of the dudes but I eat one meal a day most days, I tend to eat it at lunch and during my working week it tends to be chicken hot dogs with humus and fried onion and a bit of butter. I don’t feel like eating for the rest of the day after that. But during weekends I tend to cook something and that’s my meal of the day. I occasionally snak on penuts and have the odd piece of chocolate. If I go gym I try to have a protein shake but this is only when I go gym or do strenuous excersize.

(Tina Emmons) #4

Also not a “dude” but very familiar. It has been pointed out that omad is a great way to maintain weight but not enough to lose for some people(including Carl) and that the best strategy is to mix it up. Megan Ramos addresses this on the Dudes’ podcast. If loss is your goal, switching up omad, feasting, like three large fat-filled meals for a few days, and longer fasts, will keep the body guessing…and losing. If maintainence is your goal, I think the common answer would be whatever works for you and your lifestyle. Many have dinner cuz they can sit with family. If that’s not an issue then listening to your body and true hunger signals would come next. Omad typically refers to no eating outside that window but again depends on the goal. Unfortunately, there isn’t a rule book that works the same for all of us, darn it!

(Chris Zarza) #5

I’m getting so much great info, thank you. I’ve looking everywhere and this interaction is what I need. I just decided that I would put cream in my coffee. What the hell? I just hate black coffee. So here I am eating keto and one meal a day for 3 days. I’ll see if having some heavy cream in my 2 cups of coffee a day changes much. So far one meal feels great. I have fasted in the past where I eat nothing for close to 48 hours and that was good too. I’ve been low carb/keto for about 6 months. I have never tested for ketosis. My only carbs come from green leafy veggies and nuts. I feel good, I don’t get hungry, no sugar crashes. I have only lost 20 lbs but my waste size is a couple inches smaller. I want to lose weight, and I have a load of health challenges. I’m so glad to have found this lifestyle and this forum. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

(Chris W) #6

A dude, but not one of the dudes, the dude abides…
I mostly switch hit between OMAD and IF with no particular rhyme or reason. I work second shift and I make noon my line in the sand for the start and run to about 6 when I am IF. The only exception is if I intend upon doing a EF in which case I will eat outside of the IF window mainly earlier as I have issues around the 18 hour mark so I try to ramp up fat in the hours proceeding and that seems to work for me. Currently at 44 hours on a fast and I rode through this time the best and seem to feel the best. I push that 18 hour point to a time when I am sleeping(unless my dog wakes me up) so I ride through.

(Troy) #7

:smiley::joy:
“ but a Million shots of expression “
Rofl
Good one!

(Jenn C) #9

LOL :joy:
I’m right there with you on the quantity of espresso shots daily.
Funniest answer ever!!!

(Dan Dan) #10

Started this in march all is going well an no hydration problems. March was Dry ADF and Half Dry Zorn Fast. April is Dry ADF with one Dry OM3D a week. Basically feast for 3hours T, TH, Su @ 3000 kcals 3 liters Drink mix. will repeat in May and if all goes well will do Dry OM3D for month of June and July :grin:

I have a lot of fat so it has been fairly comfortable :grin:

(Allie) #11

I don’t really have a routine. Sometimes OMAD, sometimes fasting, sometimes 2MAD, sometimes feasting… keeps my body guessing, just obey my hunger.

(Dan Dan) #12

Sadly, if I did that I would never eat :worried:

So I figure I might as well strengthen my fasting muscles and enjoy the ride and health benefits :smile:

(Chris W) #13

What has your longest fast been?

Even when I OMAD i normally only intake i dunno about 10% more than I would have at IF on a window.

I will not say I have stalled, but I have slowed way down, and I am not to were I want to be but my latest goal is very ambitious. On and off I have the same issues my hunger is just not really there anymore, mostly on. It seems to me to be related to sunlight some now, the more sun i have gotten in the last week or two the less my hunger bothers me. It maybe that just have more to do when the sun is out and my hunger now is a lower priority. Since I am busy I don’t think about eating, when the sun is not out I tend to be more idle.

(Brian) #14

The fast, I kinda understand. But why dry? Or does that not mean water?

(Dan Dan) #15

It takes me 2 to 3 hours to eat and sometimes longer to finish drinking 3 liters of drink mix.

30 days water only I was not fat adapted and don’t recommend it at all :worried:

(Chris W) #17

I would say you reuse more cells from autophagy than you kill them it may be more proper even say recycle.
If you are not in keto and you dry fast with minimal fat I think you will end up dehydrated, you don’t have a lot of water to shed and glycerin to use. Otherwise I am fascinated by this line of thought do you have any research to back this up?

(Chris Zarza) #19

40 hours