If I eat this every day will I die?

I’m sure it won’t kill me, but I swear I could eat this for weeks without getting bored and it hits the right ratio’s and it seems quite nutritious. I’m just not sure about if I’d be over doing anything?!

I’m well new to this all by the way, 2 - 3 weeks but I’m loving it and it’s here to stay as far as I’m concerned!

I’ll attach pics of my fitness Pal diary so you can either laugh at me or call me a Keto god.

The bloody forum will only allow me one picture upload because I’m new :roll_eyes: so here goes…

Breakfast

4 X bacon
3 X scrambled eggs with a bit of butter and cheddar
1 X avocado
1 X handful of raw spinach

Lunch

100g of mixed Brazil, pecan, macadamia nuts
3 X babybell

Dinner

8oz steak of any kind
3 X eggs fried in butter
1 X portion of steamed or boiled broccoli

Seems pretty damn awesome to me! But what do the veterans think??

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Most folks try to keep nuts and cheese to 30g. each. I go over on cheese sometimes but I try to keep the nuts in check. Both items may make your weight loss slower if over consumed. You’re eating about 1/4 lb of cheese there and almost that much nuts. Myself, I would eat more veggies but the carnivores would disagree. There’s not just one way to do this right, you have to figure out what’s right for you that you can sustain for the long haul. Keto is a lifestyle and way of eating, not so much a diet.

And no you won’t die but I would hope that you’re getting some more variety in. Variety is key to any eating strategy IMHO. And 6 eggs a day seems like a lot to me.

(less is more, more or less) #3

Unless you’re a robot, you will get bored. I promise it. That’s OK, because there’s a lot of food you can eat. It’s just not the carbage most of us were used to before low-carb.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4

If I eat this every day will I die?

Yes. You will die. Whether it will accelerate your death or push it to a day further in the future is probably the question you want to ask.

One thing that got me the first time I did Atkins so long ago was having a set meal that I ate every day. It wasn’t even as monotonous as your regime, but it was basically the same omelet every day.

That was back in 2003. I’ve eaten about a dozen omelets in the intervening 15 years. And that exact combination (cheddar, mushroom and bacon) exactly once since.

Building sustainability is part of doing the work. If a large number of people fail to maintain, it is because they viewed their regime as a short term fix for what is a long term problem. Or they failed to plan for a transition to a slightly altered regime. If you can eat this every day for the rest of your life, more power to you. How does it survive contact with life? Social events? Travel? Changes?

Also, I’d probably limit the nuts and maybe the babybells. I love em for the convenience, but they are really pretty junky cheese when you look at it.

(Scott) #5

The only problem I see is you need to add heavy whipping cream to he scrambled eggs:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is very similar to what I started with. It didn’t kill me.

My portion sizes have gone down now, I just do not feel as hungry any more (because clearly my body is burning fat from my belly and getting a supply of energy from there).

I don’t know about boiling broccoli, isn’t it better to steam them?

After a couple of weeks and everything settles down - there is encouragement to experiement a bit with food and keep it all interesting and tasty. No need to starve or get bored.

So I introduced cauliflower, pumpkin, lots of other veggies I would previously not touch. But with some butter on top I love ‘em.

Nuts - almonds, walnuts, peacan …

The list is endless.

(Frank) #7

What I’ve found is that if I follow a very strict pattern of eating and activity that my body will adapt to that new normal and stall any weight loss goals and weight starts to creep back up. My body prefers variation not only for weight loss but even maintaining weight which is what I’m doing now.

(Bob M) #8

No matter what you eat every day, you’re going to die.

(Running from stupidity) #9

That’s a huge amount of nuts, especially in one hit.

In all fairness I have no problem with variety, I’m just really busy with working away for about 3 nights every week and doing long hours…this year is a Biggie for work.

It’s lucky I found keto when I did lol.

Thanks for all the input I’ll take it all on board…I didn’t know cheese and nuts were to be controlled as much as they should so cheers man :sunglasses:

Oh and I can’t wait to try heavy whipping cream to my scrambled eggs :joy:

(Carl Keller) #12

Welcome MrMorty. You should watch your nuts more than your cheese. The pic below is in the amount of a “handful”:

(Maria) #13

I eat more veggies, meat isnt my thing so it keeps this interesting lol.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #14

Guess I’m a robot… :unamused:

(Running from stupidity) #15

Yeah, I guess they programmed in all that injury-prone behaviour.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #16

That was a stroke of genius - wasn’t it? Makes me appear so human.

(Running from stupidity) #17

I wouldn’t go that far.

Weird, I just looked this up before I got to your post, and there are 10 net carbs in 100g of almonds. Is that 100g in the pic you posted? Because if so, that’s not a huge amount of nuts, as someone said above?

edited to add: OK, I looked at the site. The numbers are net carbs for 100g of the nuts or “about three handfuls.”

(Full Metal KETO AF) #20

I kept seeing this in some of your other posts and thought it was some kind of typo or spelling correction, but I all of the sudden got it!

:rofl::joy::laughing::cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #21

Yeah i should have noted that it was talking about total carbs. Many just go by net. In which case, I get .36 cups or 45 grams of almonds is about 10 total carbs or 4.1 net from cronometer.com.