Ice Cream Maker recommendations?

(Roxanne) #21

Woohoo, just scored a gently used Cuisinart ice cream maker (the model recipe recommended above) for $20. can’t wait to try it out :slight_smile:

(Roxanne) #22

I’ll definitely order the book, looks amazing

Ice cream fast, anyone?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #24

Any updates on ice cream maker recommendations? Good Mother’s Day gift for Me Me Me :smile:

(Steve) #25

Well, that one that they linked above is now down to $89.99 on Amazon.com (and they also ship to Canada) - which, guessing as the cheapest this model is offered in Canada is 219, the shipping and duty would still make Amazon.com by far the cheapest option.

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GSI480-Automatic-Built-Cooling/dp/B01M2BRKRW/

There’s lots of cheap options at Walmart in Canada, but not sure how good each of them is for Keto friendly ice cream (heh…me, I’m not going anywhere near one of these until after I’ve lost the weight I want to lose) :slight_smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #26

Lol. Don’t live in Canada so no worries there. Was just wondering if previous posters had any updated info, feedback, etc.

Curious to know if more expensive models are worth it. I don’t need bells and whistles but don’t want to get a flimsy POS either :laughing:

(Sandra) #27

A little late – but this sale was just pointed out to me and I got a second one for my camper. JUST LOVE this machine and cannot believe the price!!! $42

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-21-Quart-Frozen-Yogurt-Ice/dp/B003KYSLMW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1526555532&sr=1-4&keywords=ice+cream+maker&linkCode=sl1&tag=marisnutran05-20&linkId=478f36257798c65c13853d6f00544f76

(Diane) #28

I believe this is the same model that America’s Test Kitchen recommended as their best buy on a recent show. They really liked the price, the design of the paddle and the small footprint. The only con was having enough space in your freezer for the container to be pre-frozen (there appparently must be room for air to circulate around it for it to freeze efficiently).

The other model they liked was $399. For the more expensive model, they liked the convenience of not having to freeze the container ahead of time which means you can make batch after batch. The cons were the price, the size and the weight of the machine.

omg this podcast is terrible. 20 minutes into the epsiode and they are only now just getting on topic.

For anyone who wants to listen, skip to like 19 minutes.

(Norma Laming) #30

Have you tried whipping them before freezing?