I think I'm finally busting through this (hopefully last) stall before obtaining goal of 187

(astrahsburg) #1

1 year in, and this last stall has been > 2 months.

I’m now sub 200 and feeling great!

(Mark) #2

That looks like what happened to my 401k a few years ago,but in this case it’s a good thing,congrats

(Christian Ross) #3

What did you do to break the stall?

(Scott Shillady) #4

Awesome progress. I hope I can duplicate your result, I’m at 291 right now (down from 331) 199 is where i would love to be. Seeing your result reassures me that i have a legit shot

(astrahsburg) #5

I learned this year that could transfer my 401k from my previous employer of 10 years to an ira at a brokerage and manage the growth myself. It’s worked out well for me

(astrahsburg) #6

This is my second lengthy stall and I really didn’t do anything to cause it or break it. I just kept at it. The one prior to this was less bouncy, and had a slight sustained loss, this one I really struggled. First I got all the way down to 203, but immediately bounced back up to 208, and just kept fighting with that range.

(astrahsburg) #7

You can do it man, the only requirement is done give up. I honestly never thought I could ever see this weight again, but barely over a year (actually 10mos on Leto) and here I am.

I’ve think I’m seeing a pattern of longer plateaus, and less significant drops, but at this point I’m very comfortable with what’s going on and very happy with the long term results.

(Jeff Ryan) #8

So once you reach your goal weight are you sticking to keto?

(astrahsburg) #9

I don’t ever plan on going off Keto. Believe it or not when Carl first mentioned Keto on DotNetRocks back in Feburary, I heard correcting blood sugar levels more than anything about weightloss. At the time, my Diabetes was considered managed by my doctor having me Metformin and Glipizide with my Blood Sugar level @ around 125. I had just finished a New Years weight loss competition where I had lost about 13 lbs in 5 weeks which I considered really good, but I also knew that couldn’t sustain it, because it was primarily very restricted calories and a massive amount of sweat activity to lose those 13 lbs. I suffered Big Time mental battle wise from Jan 4 to mid Feb. Then Carl decided to talk about the Keto diet briefly on DotNetrocks, and it frigin changed my life! within just a few days my blood sugar dropped below 100 for the first time in many years. i had to learn quickly that if my blood sugar was below 100, I needed to not take the Glipizide, and on my next Dr. appt, she removed the Glipizide al together. I now have to work to keep my blood sugar below 100 with only Metformin. That is the reason I do Keto. That’s the reason I’m going to stay Keto. Once I get down to the 180lb range I may take a break on the intermittent fasting, but weight loss will not be a focus at all anymore.

(Mark) #10

That was just my attempt at humor,I’m in a union so I have a pension,but thanks for the tip,I’m sure I can share that with people I know,I was thinking about retiring in a few years but now that I feel better I might go another ten ,I work with a guy who has been with the company 50 years and still going strong,he started right out of high school just like me,I’ve been working outside for close to 30 years ,but being serious ,thanks for sharing your progress with the forum,incredible story

My body hates weightloss. I am the female poster child for who should lose fast and easy…nope.

I also refuse to weigh in at a higher number. Lol

I lost 6lb over a 4 day fast, gained 10lb the next week, 2 weeks later I still can’t get rid of it. Damn scale.

(Kathy L) #12

Were you carefully counting carbs? I’ve been on a year stall - and think I’ve finally broke thru. I was NOT counting carbs, just eating what I thought was really low carbs and lots of fat. My (new) natropath Doc. suggested I track carefully - so I started using Cronometer again - which you can set for a ketogenic diet and it sets your macros. I found out that although I thought I was “close” to 20, I was probably more likely close to 50 or more AND even though I thought I was eating a lot of fat - NOT enough! I never really “counted” vegetables, because I thought of them as having “so little” carbs. But 1/2 cup of broccoli turned out to be 5 carbs, 1/2 c. heavy cream was 3 and I wasn’t even counting them! I have broken the stall by closer counting of those little fuckers!

(astrahsburg) #13

I don’t always count accurately, but I have been doing this long enough that I have a very good idea about where my macros should be. I’m also pretty consistent in what I eat during drops and plateaus.

Megan Ramos (part of Dr. Fungs staff) did say this week that the body gets used to intermittent fasting, and you need to change it up sometimes.

(astrahsburg) #14

Today is my 43 birthday, and I can proudly say I did it! It took 13 months, but I have successfully burned off 100lbs. From 287 to a high school weight of 187 this morning. Huge thank you to everyone for the cheers, encouragement and knowledge you shared.

(Val Bezant) #15

Wow. Congrats on the 100lbs drop. Bet you get twice that in compliments. You certainly deserve them for persevering. Certainly makes me want to continue on and break through this stalled I’m in. Well done!!