I suddenly get someone else's profile

when I click on the P that designates me, my name. I change to a B.

Then I have to log out and start again.

(Allie) #2

Maybe it won’t be an issue if you upload a custom pic?

How?

Right-click on your name “PatNotFat” and open your profile in a new tab. Click on preferences near the top toward the right. Then, near the bottom you will see the place to set your profile picture.

Than you.

I can’t understand how changing one icon, a letter, with another icon, a picture prevents me accessing someone else’s account when I click on the letter icon.

Isn’t it a software problem?

`Sorry - my “How?” wasn’t about adding a picture, but how a picture makes a difference.

Whose name do you see when you open the profile?

I haven’t seen a name - just a profile. It doesn’t happen often, maybe thee times in the last eight weeks.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

The next time it happens, take a screen shot and message it to the Dudes or to some of the admins. Sounds like a glitch in the forum software. One of those smart people will be able to track it down and figure out what’s going on.

Thank you.

Screen shot - is that possible on a PC?

(Allie) #10

Yes just press the “Print Screen” button and paste it into an image format or document to save it.

Thank you.

(Brandy) #12

Is it possible that you’re accidentally going into “anonymous” mode? It just takes an inadvertent click on that little dude to slip into the mode (and another click to move back to your own profile). Here’s the thread about it:

I kept accidentally hitting anonymous mode and it took me a hot minute to figure out what I was doing wrong. Apologies if it’s something different - sometimes I get excited when I think I know the answer😉

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

You know, that never occurred to me. Good point! :+1:

Thank you.

More accurate pacing of the cursor!

x