I need specific advice from a sage ketoion

(Marianne) #21

Thank you; I am really encouraged. I really feel I can eat this way out of preference and sustain it. Only way I like veggies (love cauliflower) is if I have something to dip them in or with butter or salad with dressing. I can do this!

(Running from stupidity) #22

Cauliflower is something you have to be careful with, as it’s relatively high carb.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

The irony is that what we all really want to lose is fat, but there is almost a taboo against using—or even thinking—that word.

My weight has been stable since December 2017, but I can wear trousers that didn’t fit back in December 2017. Obviously I’ve gained a bit of muscle to offset the bit of fat I’ve lost in the past 12 months, which is great! Being able to bend over, to tie my shoes, to wipe myself, to be able to get down on the floor without first having to plan how I am going to get back up, to wear clothes that haven’t fit me in at least a decade—what’s not to like? Especially when my metabolic numbers are amazingly good. I don’t see how the number on the scale is relevant. :joy:

But there was one woman here, a recent newcomer, and you could hear the anguish in her post. She’d gone down several clothing sizes and she felt better than ever before, but that scale of hers hadn’t budged, so she was miserable. Such a shame! Her keto diet was healing her, and she just couldn’t see it. :frowning_face:

(Cindy) #24

1 cup has about 5 grams total carbs, with 2 gram fiber. So cauliflower falls in the same category for me as things like mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, and leafy greens…I’m never going to over eat them, they’re good for me, so I ignore their carb content. :wink: As in, I know I don’t eat more than a cup/day, some days I don’t eat any vegetables, so it’s very unlikely that cauliflower will put me over my carb limit.

There are plenty of OTHER things that will do that…

(Running from stupidity) #25

Use proper measurements, girlie.

(Cindy) #26

Ha! In my world, that is a proper measurement. :smiley:

(Running from stupidity) #27

But it doesn’t TELL you anything! How much scrunching into the cup is the required amount? Or is it just two large florets?

80g, OTOH, is 80g, I don’t care what you do or which pieces you select.

(Cindy) #28

Yeah, you got a point there. Oh wait…would I need to DRY the cauliflower first? lol You know, like not weighing when you’re first out of the shower until you dry off…

(Running from stupidity) #29

I weight it out then wash it - saves worrying about that issue, and the one about putting wet veges back in the fridge.

(Marianne) #30

Isn’t net 3 a good carb ratio?

(Running from stupidity) #31

Not if you eat 500g of it. Ratios and percentages are irrelevant. Total grams are what counts.

(Marianne) #32

I don’t think I would want to eat any more than maybe 1-2 cups per day. I guess of most of the vegetables, it is one that I could actually eat without choking (not fond of most veggies, although with butter and sauce, yes).