I need help, is this keto friendly?

Small doses (4g - 18g - depending on how one spreads ones carbs over the day) however, are permittable within the Drs. Eades Protein Power plan, and workable within the Westman/Phinney/Volek New Atkins for realistic treats and cultural special occasions. Heck, the above physicians include recipes which include maple syrup (Phinney & Volek) and triple sec (Eades).

For non-medical keto, micro doses of sugars within a well-formulated very low carb plan aren’t the problem - the higher carb pattern and/or the the cravings due to not having reached 100% fat adaptation however is.

To suggest that Ms. Sykes was “getting bent” is out of line and/or opportunistically rude - as far as how it reads in text - esp when one is not talking to a casual boys club pal. It comes off as gaslighting. I would feel the same if such language was directed at me.

Editing for tone and refraining from disparaging speech before pressing enter can assist in making this a welcoming and civil space.

(Karla Sykes) #45

I never deleted any post

He said 21% not 21 grams.

But more accurately it’s 25% carbs and that’s after you take away the dietary fibre. 8grams of carbs in a 32gram serving size = 25% carbs

Also, people want to see the actual ingredients list, but you keep posting up the nutritional facts. Two different things.

Everyone just take a deep breath, re-read what’s being said and maybe we won’t start arguing over a silly misinterpretation.

(Karla Sykes) #47

I’m done talking about this I will make my own decisions so never mind about giving me advice. I take it all back

(Robert C) #48

I think “Keto friendly” is a undefined term that is leveraged by people selling things but is really actually very personal. They’ll stretch things as much as they can while talking about the smallest reasonable serving size possible.

• To some, a tablespoon of sugar is “Keto friendly” (because it is the dose that counts and could still keep you under your carb limit for the day).
  • To others, a tablespoon of sugar is not “Keto friendly” (on principle).
  • To even others, a tablespoon of sugar is not “Keto friendly” (because it will create further cravings for them so they feel definitely no friendship).

To me, this stuff falls mostly under the first point - a half serving or a serving a few days a week to make some taste great would be fine.

(Karla Sykes) #49

I am so done talking about this. I’ll make my own decisions. I wish I never even posted this

Ok. All the best.

Was just trying to clear up the confusion in this thread.

btw, if any one is still interested here’s the ingredient list-

Organic raw coconut butter, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic agave syrup, organic cacao, organic cacao butter.
Made in a vegan facility that processes tree nuts, but does not process any peanuts, gluten or soy.

(bulkbiker) #53

Its 12g of carbs per 32g serving removing the fibre leaves 7g of sugar per serve
So per 100g (32*3.125) there are (7 * 3.125) 21.875g of carbs hence my 21% (which is more like 22%) carbs … I didn’t say it was 21g per serving.

I posted different ingredients above from thrivemarket.com’s listing. Where did you get your ingredient list from? Just curious as to the reason for the difference.

The other reason I’m intrigued is because I just thought to go to Artisana Organic’s website, and see something even different than what you and I posted. :thinking: Maybe they changed the formula as the original post has the word “Raw” in the name of the product.

Sure it can. It depends on how much of it you incorporate into your overall diet. Cauliflower is 100% carbs, but is a perfectly fine food on keto.

Agreed. And don’t manufacture drama.

(bulkbiker) #56

Seriously…?

At 3g per 100g it’s in fact 3% carb

[quote=“ZuleikaD, post:55, topic:91764”]
don’t manufacture drama.
[/quote] ?

100g of cauliflower has 5g of carbs with 2g fiber, 1.9g of protein, and 0.3g of fat. So, I erred in saying that it is 100%. There is some protein and a trace amount of fat. The rest is water which contributes nothing to the nutritional profile. Since macro % are typically based on % of calories not the weight of food, in this case the carbs are about 55%, the protein is about 34%, and the fat is about 11%.

My point, of course, is that if all you ate was cauliflower, it wouldn’t be a very “keto friendly” food. On the hypothetical 2000 calorie diet, that would be close to 250g of carbs. But people eat it as part of their overall intake, not just a sole food source. So, in the scheme of things it’s a very “keto friendly” food.

Wasn’t specifically directed at you. I was building on what someone else said, as you can probably see from the original quote.

(bulkbiker) #58

That’s why I don’t eat much (actually almost no) cauliflower either…

Re the drama quote I thought as much but your 100% carbs statement was even more drama creating than the comment you were referring to?

Looking at the edge of the back of the jar the OP posted, your ingredients seem to be the correct ones. Mine might be an earlier concoction or maybe I read the wrong one.

But the ‘Raw’ version seems to be a different product they do.

(Karla Sykes) #60

Like oh my gosh I mean I even post here anymore I am seriously regretting that I ever even posted this silly post I am so over this topic

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #61

@PaulL , @Karla_Sykes
If the OP is ok with it, can you at least lock this thread? If she prefers it deleted, that would work too.
@Karla_Sykes, sorry there was so much drama.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #62

Past a certain point, threads take on a life of their own. No one can control that, but on the other hand, there is no need to continue reading a thread that no longer holds one’s interest.

To stop receiving notifications, which is what I do with threads I’m tired of, look for the round dot that controls your notification setting. The dot will appear either at the right side, under the post slider, or if you are at the bottom of the thread, on the left, underneath the icons for bookmarking, sharing, flagging, or replying to the topic. Click on that dot, and a menu will pop up with several options. If you click on “Muted,” you will no longer be troubled by any notifications concerning this thread.