I need help, is this keto friendly?

(Karla Sykes) #1

(bulkbiker) #2

Doesn’t look anything like food to me so I’d say probably not…
That it comes in a tub from a factory isn’t a good start…

(Karla Sykes) #3

(Karla Sykes) #4

Have anybody ever heard of this here’s the back of the label

(bulkbiker) #5

So it is 21% carbohydrate… that would be an even bigger no then…

(Karla Sykes) #6

Okay I will get rid of it as a family member gave it to me and thought it was with my diet and I thought maybe I’ll share it and see what people thoughts are

Whoever gave you this loves you - it’s a very special real foods delight, and expensive, and heavenly :star_struck:

The cacao boosts PEA, and coconut of course has MCTs - all of that great for the brain. Could go very well for making a morning fatty coffee or tea…

Lots of ways to use one serving of it - as long as you’re 100% fat-adapted and keeping to your personal carb limit. A 2 tbsp serving can be a lovely dessert after a well balanced keto meal IF you are able to keep to just one serving!

Depends how long you’ve been keto though - I avoided such treats for at least my first 6 months until I was sure my satiety from a good meal would mean I could limit myself to serving sizes. Satiety makes that possible. When the time is right - enjoy!!!

The Drs Eades book Protein Power goes into how the carb limit can be done basically any way a person wants to do it once one is fat adapted - as long as it doesn’t trigger compulsive eating.

(Karla Sykes) #9

I was just reading the label and my cousin got it for me and she thought it would be okay because it has a total fat content of 16 grams and a total carb of 12g & dietary fiber 0f 4 grams, 2g of protein but a majority of the fat from my understanding comes from coconut oil and the cacao is supposed to be straight from the coco Bean

(Karla Sykes) #10

Wow I had no idea this was this expensive

That’s right! A serving is only 8grams net carbs, and it’s basically a superfood - way more nourishing than many other 8 grams servings of carbs.

The tricky thing is the sweetness (all natural) - sweet-tasting foods in the early months of keto can be too tempting for anyone w/ food addiction issues.

Yep! I’ve seen it for cheaper at stores - but still around $20!

It’s divine, and blissful, etc :sparkles:

(Karla Sykes) #13

Okay well now I know I can’t believe I was going to get rid of it. Well I will try to look at ways to incorporate 2 teaspoons of this once a week

2 tablespoons is the serving - though l’il teaspoons would be tasty, 2 tablespoons will give you the serving your brain will love!

(Karla Sykes) #15

I meant teaspoons LOL

('Jackie P') #16

Cocoa is very good for you in small doses, which is why many of us eat small amounts of 85%+ chocolate!
Enjoy!

(Karla Sykes) #17

I promised myself only 2 teaspoons a week and I would keep it at my job.

(hottie turned hag) #18

Oh, @Karla_Sykes…hearken to my tale…:neutral_face:

If you wish you may seek out my accountability thread that describes my BINGES on nuts and my coconut butter (which is what that amazing stuff is) fat fast that ended in being sick as heck.

Condensed version is: that stuff is SO GOOD and SO RICH you can eat yourself sick on it if it turns into a trigger for you.

I think your plan to store it somewhere you cannot get to it any hour of day or night is wise. I had the plain one that was just coconut, no cocoa added, a lot less carbs to that and SO GOOD, I can only imagine the chocolate one is even better.

(Karla Sykes) #19

Yes my cousin picked it up for me yesterday and I couldn’t wait to get to work today to have my two tablespoons. It was so rich died in the eating only one teaspoon. I feel so lucky that I got this and it’s so expensive I had no clue it cost this much. I thought my cousin was trying to sabotage me

(hottie turned hag) #20

May be cheaper on Amazon. I got what is called “creamed coconut” (NOT “coconut CREAM” which is different altogether), it’s just pure pureed coconut like this is -no choc though- for far cheaper on there. In case you get hooked and all :smile: like I did.