I miss my husband's egg sammies

(Bacon for the Win) #1

I work nights, and he used to make me egg sandwiches which I’d eat around 3AM. I tried subbing for almond flour buns and it just wasn’t the same. Now it’s been over three years since I had one, so I thought I’d play with the almond bun recipe again.

The first time I made them (three years ago) I used unrefined coconut oil. I couldn’t stand the overpowering taste of coconut, and I do like coconut. So this time I made them with bacon juice. Still just meh. Then I made them with butter, Better. Later today I will try with refined coconut oil. I expect that to be the winner, although the butter is acceptable.

I tried the waffle recipe for sandwiches and just made a huge mess with the waffle maker. I have a muffin top pan that works well for the buns. I have also used this recipe to make waffles and pancakes. I added cinnamon and vanilla extract for those.

(Sophie) #2

Have you tried the Cloud Bread yet? It’s fairly bland but holds up pretty well. Back in the day they used to call it Adkins or revolution rolls or somesuch.

(Bacon for the Win) #3

I have not. Maybe when these buns are gone I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

(matt ) #4

Try these waffles (less the pizza ingredients). We use this recipe for sandwiches and burgers and such.

(matt ) #5

Heres a bunch of bread recipes

(matt ) #6

Here’s general breakfast stuff including sandwiches.

(Bacon for the Win) #7

@matt you are my hero! will be trying these, thanks!

(Jennifer) #8

Bookmarking this one…

(Ernest) #9

Try the coconut drop biscuits from one the episodes, August 16, 2016. I use those for burgers and such.
Use a mold for buns instead of the “drop” method.

Yes @carl @richard it’s me!!

(matt ) #10

Hes back!! Post that damn recipe @Ernest !!! I have been waiting forever for you to return!