I Made It Through A Zumba Class Without Stopping!

(Sophie) #1

Today was my first class, only 45mins and it was a beginner class at that, but I did make it all the way through without my knees giving out or making an absolute ass of myself! (I always consider that a plus.) I was also fasted but that didn’t seem to make any difference. It was a ton of fun and I’m looking forward to going back again. A NSV for me because I had doubts about ever being able to do any type of dancing again even though my desire has been great.

So great!
Also I love your new profile pic. You look radiant and happy and gorgeous.

(Sophie) #3

Awww thank you! :blush: That was so sweet of you to say. It was a happy accident and stands as a testament to my lousy cell phone skills! :smile:

(Sophie) #4

I wanted to state for the record: I expected to be very sore this morning, especially in my knees which is where I have an issue. I’m Not! I was worried that I might have trouble getting out of bed this morning but it was no problem. My only soreness is oddly enough, in my Hips! I guess it was all those Salsa moves. LOL :dancer: I also want to add that I’ve not taken a dance class in more than 13yrs and I can’t wait to go back and begin strengthening my legs/hips.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Zumba is very hard on the knees. What you need to wear are light weight shoes that have a smooth area on the ball of the foot so your legs can twist without putting too much torque on the knees. I bought special dancing shoes (Bloch, not cheap, but great for dancing and I don’t wear them except on wood or carpeted floors) because I do it a lot in the winter months when I can’t do daily walking. But any shoe with some good padding and a smooth area will work. Running shoes are the worst, so don’t use those if you want to do this regularly.

(Sophie) #6

I have my Capezio Ballet slippers and I did consider knee supports but wanted to try before I went that far. I’m definitely making it a regular thing. I’ll check out the Bloch too, thank you!