I’m so frustrated I want to scream!

(Debbie Ravelo) #41

Ok the following afternoon. I see everyone mentioning fasts. So you do the 16 hour thing?

(Debbie Ravelo) #42

Ok so there are days you don’t eat? How many days do you fast and for how long?

(Ellen) #43

It depends, some days I don’t eat because I’m just not hungry and I’ve started to try 3 day fasts at least once a month, but I always make sure to add a lot of extra fat before & after a planned fast. If you’re fat adapted it’s not an issue to fast but if you’re just starting out then don’t, also even when fat adapted having a few calories will end up in starvation mode as opposed to healthy fasting. Check out the fasting threads but I wouldn’t try if you’re new to keto.

(KetoQ) #44

I only eat once a day. I get home from work at 7pm, sometimes go for an hour walk before I eat to get in some additional fasted exercise. So I finish eating at either 8 or 9pm. Then, I don’t eat until dinner the next day. So my fasts are 22-23 hours.

I drink black coffee and water during the day. Don’t really start to feel hungry until about 2pm.

That said, women need to be a little more thoughtful about intermittent fasting, as it can affect a woman’s hormones differently than men. I’ve heard that women should do 12-16 hours, rather than longer periods.

See this woman’s YouTube channel, as she addresses keto and intermittent fasting from a female health perspective.

(Debbie Ravelo) #45

OK folks! I know a lot of you said it would take a long time to repair my metabolism and I’m sure you are correct but yesterday I ate 1532 calories and 12.8 net carbs and over 125g of fat. I looked for high calorie fat dense keto recipes. It worked. I mean it really worked. So I have a path now. I’m never going to let my body go anywhere near starvation mode. I just had NO idea!
Thank you so much to everyone who posted in this thread. Your advice did not fall on deaf ears. I will try fasting at some point down the road but I take medications for the disease.
This forum is so great and I feel lucky to have found it. Along with Keto connect because they have some great high calorie high fat recipes!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #46

That’s awesome. Glad to hear it helped.

One thing you will find with Keto is that you may need to constantly assess and modify your approach. Stick with what works until it doesn’t work anymore, then tweek things until it works again.

Good luck!

(Debbie Ravelo) #47

Thanks. It’s a long way to get back to where I started but I’ll get there.

(Chris W) #48

Every day it gets a little easier and more natural.

(Alec) #49

Debbie
Don’t forget this takes a while. You may feel great now, but there may be bumpy days ahead. But I am glad you followed the advice and it worked.

I am eating currently like a horse and not gaining weight… I am building up the fat burning for the next fast… keeping the body guessing, whilst also recovering from a bug.

I would recommend you wait a while before fasting. I think you will know when you are ready for a fast. You will feel great, and you will start not feeling hungry. This is the sign. When that happens, think about a 24 hr fast and see how you go. But for now, eat!
Cheers
Alec

(Jenny) #50

I’m new to Keto, 17 days in. @DebbieDarling where did you find the high fat recipes? What is considered high fat? My first week I lost 5 lbs. My hunger has tanked which is odd as could eat like a horse on the SAD. I hate, hate logging my macros. Did that for a few days, now I just eat meat, dairy and a few veggies. I check the carbs in food to get an idea of what they have. I know I’m not fat adapted yet as it’s too early but I feel great, no afternoon slump. Hunger is reduced so I know I probably should be eating more. Especially more fat dense.

(Raj Seth) #51

You hate logging? You’re not alone. I don’t know anyone who wants to spend the rest of their life logging food. Or the rest of the day😀
Just eat to satiety. Don’t force the over eating. Track carbs like you’re OCD. Rest is easy - eat real food high in fat. Add fat to everything. Eat fat to satiety. If you eat real food, while refraining from drinking olive oil or bacon grease by the glass, you’ll get enough protein.

Simple. No logging. Eat when hungry. Eat till satiety. Don’t eat when not hungry.

That’s it

Really

No logging needed.

(Vivienne Clampitt) #52

Have to say I do the same, no logging. I’ve been there , done that several times in the past. Its a real pain in the neck and takes time.
OK it may have taken me longer to get where I am, but I am at least beginning to achieve my aim of following Keto ( BG levels finally coming down to acceptable levels after 6/7 months - a little fasting along the way too. Oh and weight creeping down , but not a lot to lose anyway.)

Had similar problem. And did not lose weight when I was on 800 calories or so. When I started to eat 1300-1400 my weight loss started again