I’m so frustrated I want to scream!

Preserved salt lemonade

@Clane will you share the recipe? Thanks!

(Kaiden) #22

Crap like this:

(Liz) #23

I was down to 500 calories and I was totally content and not hungry. But my weightloss stalled and with the exercise I was doing I was gaining weight. Honestly I was like fine ok I’ll eat more even though I didn’t feel like I had to- back up to 1400 and I lose weight very consistently

(Debbie Ravelo) #24

Thanks. Do you have any tricks? I ate two pieces of spinach casserole for dinner trying to get over that 1000 calorie mark and it almost came back up. I think tomorrow I’ll try to eat more often instead of stuffing myself to the point of nausea.

(Alec) #25

@DebbieDarling
Please read and re-read this. These words from @Clane are so right. This is where you should be. I especially like “I’ve spent the last months teaching my system to EAT…”

Clane
Thank you so much for this. You are on the mark. Kudos.
Cheers
Alec

(Alec) #26

Debbie
Halve the veg and double the fat. It’s fhe best way to rebuild calorie intake, and you need to.
Cheers
Alec

(Debbie Ravelo) #27

Thanks. All that fat makes me so full. I can do this. I am doing this. Just need to relearn how to eat.

(Ron) #28

I agree completely with @In2steam about upping your calories and eating too and above maintenance, just be sure and keep the carbs below 20g net. A high fat with elevated carbs is really bad and will put on the weight. The ketogenic diet allows excess fat to be expelled and not stored.

(Vivienne Clampitt) #29

Don’t starve yourself, on 800 calories a day you are a calorie restricted diet. It is not enough.

(Omar) #30

shaking and confusing the metabolism is what works for me. like feast and fast or any shock to the routine.

(Edith) #31

Well, you are female and the amount of water we retain changes throughout our monthly cycles. It could just be a simple as that. A few pounds up or down is just noise in the whole scheme of things. It’s the long term trend that matters.

You don’t say how long you’ve been eating keto. Once you get fat adapted, if you aren’t yet, you may find you naturally start consuming more calories.

Bulletproof coffee totally suppresses my appetite. Maybe drinking it is keeping you uninterested in food?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #33

Do away with the BPC and replace with real food. I would only eat foods that are fat dense. Stay away from low fat foods even if they are Keto approved, like veggies, until you can eat more.

Fat has 9 calories per gram vs 4 in both protein and carbs. So if you want to increase calories without adding bulk, only eat high fat foods.

Once you get used to eating more, then you can add those things back in.

Some ideas:
Bacon, eggs and avacado for breakfast.
Tuna with homemade mayo with 4-6 olives for lunch or more avacado.
Pork belly with coleslaw made with homemade mayo for dinner.

800 calories a day isn’t enough for your body to function. Depending on your height and activity level, most people need at least 1000 to 1200 calories per day just for their BMR (basil metobolic rate) not counting any activity. You need to figure out what your TDEE is (total daily expenditure of Energy) to figure out how many calories your body needs. 800 is too low, your body will go into starvation mode if you aren’t eating enough and that can cause you to not only not lose weight, but your body will hold onto everything. Don’t freak out over gaining a pound or two, our weight fluctuates from day to day and people that weigh themselves daily will end up driving themselves crazy because they feel like they aren’t seeing results. My suggestion is to EAT MORE. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but your body needs fuel and when it doesn’t feel threatened, it will be more willing to shed the extra pounds you want to get rid of.

(Debbie Ravelo) #35

I just took out a bunch of personal stuff here but the short version is that I’ve lost a decent amount of weight but have a lot more to go. i LOVE all of the advice in this thread and have immediately started adding calories to my diet. I’m headed into dinner with 850 calories already as opposed to 450.

(Liz) #36

Make some fat bombs! They’re small and won’t fill you up, they’ve got all that fat in them to help you get your macros right, aaaand they’re high calorie. One of them is like 350 cal. They’re delicious too, the ones you put in the freezer are my favorite- eat like three of them through the day and you don’t have to eat all that crazy casserole if you don’t want to.

(Debbie Ravelo) #37

I’m so casseroled out I think fat bombs sound delicious.

(Liz) #38

sorry I got the calories wrong on it, but that just means you can eat 3 and ingest 350 calories lol
enjoy yourself, but careful because each one has like 3 carbs I believe

(KetoQ) #39

Debbie, I feel your pain. I’m in the middle of a nearly week-long stall – but I can feel my pants getting much looser. I’m eating right and walking everyday, so I will just trust the process. I make an effort to focus on the longer term loss trend rather than on the short term frustrations. The weight is not always going to go down, and I can’t let that sabotage all the good work I’ve done so far.

I’ve come to think that stalls and gains can be part of a successful weight loss as well, and perhaps in a way should be welcomed, because the body is making adjustments to changing diet and lifestyle. If you can’t learn to deal with this psychologically, you may hold yourself back from ever succeeding.

Before my stall, I lost 8.5 pounds in 9 days. It only stands to reason that I gave some of those losses back and stalled so my body could rebalance sodium and water. Perhaps you’re going through a similar process.

I also feel I don’t need to eat as much as well. So I don’t. I can feel stuffed at 1400-1500 calories. I just make sure to finish dinner with something fat because that will keep the hunger away until the following afternoon.

Good luck.

(Ellen) #40

Fat is your friend, on the days I do eat I sometimes struggle with calories, tonight I stupidly bought skinless salmon, so threw it in the oven with a lot of butter on top, poured all the melted butter on top & added more then drank it off the plate. Just try frying in fat, having fat bombs etc, it does work.