I love chaffles. I added onion powder today. So many options. What's your favorites?

(Angelia Davis) #1

Chaffles have been my new found guaranteed success. I’d love to hear your favorite ways to change the taste a little.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #2

Hi and welcome, Angelia! I’m a newbie chaffler and have so far really just done plain-tasting ones using a couple of different recipes. I’ve been really pleased with them.

But I’m looking forward to some chaffle alchemy over the weekend - perhaps some herbs and onion powder, and I’m wondering about orange chocochaffles which so far I’ve only imagined and not yet made!

You definitely need to visit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chaffles/

On the Reddit group, I just posted an item linked to a video that had recipes for three different cookie chaffles:

(Steve) #4

Do you still cook savory and sweet on the same iron cleaning well in between?
or did you get a second iron?
I bookmarked your three different cookie recipes to try.
Thanks

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

While we’re on the subject of chaffles, I’ve been thinking of trying to make them. I have a full sized waffle iron. Is the mini waffle iron a must? I’ve never even used my full sized one :joy:

(Steve) #6

Your iron is perfect for chaffles!
Start at the top of this thread for simple recipe instructions for your first chaffle, then branch out from there for different methods and flavours.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #7

Thanks Steve :smiley:

I have used my regular size belgium waffle maker (big circular one), it makes 4 triangle-chaffles. It does fine (have only tried regular chaffle recipe and then one chicken fritter one I saw on YouTube…that one would have worked better I think in a mini maker, didn’t get quite crispy enough).

I’ve not tried the cookies yet. I just saw the video this morning. The one I really want to try is the oatmeal, but I have no oat fiber handy.

I have another sweet recipe to try as well – Kozinak.

• 100-150g of sunflower seeds
  • 1 egg
  • Sweetener

(Susan) #10

I waited 2 weeks to get my mini waffle maker from amazon, only to find out a part was missing. I guess I will have to wait a bit longer to try a chaffle. BTW, this is my first post but faithfully read the posts nightly.

A disappointment. I didn’t like the texture at all. I’d rather just have some sunflower seeds.

(Angelia Davis) #12

I love the soft crunch!!!

(Angelia Davis) #13

Thank you!

One I really liked had taco seasoning and Chile pepper flakes in the batter with cheddar cheese.

Another included provolone cheese and mozzarella along with basil, oregano, parsley and pesto.