I lost the equivalent of my kid!

(Liz Ellen) #1

This weekend I was walking early in the morning around our neighborhood with my 5-year-old daughter, Holly. She is bizarrely terrified of dogs, and started climbing up me for safe harbor when a pup came running toward us. Holly is just over 40 pounds, and I hoisted her up and carried her for a while until the dog had moved along. Walking with her in my arms was really hard. I could feel the pressure in my joints, I could feel my heart rate increase, my breath become labored.

I felt so much better once I put her down and was thinking: Seven months ago, I was carrying around a little more than what she weighs now all the time. No wonder I didn’t want to take the stairs at work!

I am so thankful to be 45 pounds lighter. I feel like the world is just an easier place to navigate. I fit into airplane seats better. I can shop in regular stores for clothes. For one of the first times in my adult life, I’m just a few pounds away from being classified as overweight instead of obese.

I’m still working on the next 20-30 pounds, but I’m also celebrating how far I’ve come. Movement is SO MUCH EASIER NOW. Many thanks to you all for your support this year. KCKO

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Good going Liz! I know what you mean, picking up and carrying the equivalent of your lost weight is a real eye opener! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bob M) #3

Now that you mention it, that’s a good way to look at things (until those darn kids get older…).

That is a good NSV!

(Susan) #4

Awesome, Liz, keep up the good work =).