I lost 12 KG in my first 45 days and that's it no more progress :(

(Mohammed Ali) #1

Heyyyyyyyyyyy All,

well I have started keto 70 days ago and in my first 45 days I lost 12 Kg and in 25 days I lost only 1.5 kg which it really discouraged me, some friends suggested me to take a break then start over, but I’m afraid of gaining the weight I have lost.

Yes, I went to the gym only my first month then I stopped.

I’m here to get your help and find answers.

Thanks in Advance

#Dr.MAN

(Anita Morrell Thayer) #2

Don’t get discouraged and don’t quit Dr. Man. You’re doing great!! I suggest measuring yourself. I have been on the diet for 30 days and lost 9 lbs in the first two weeks and then stopped losing. I then realized through study that while I was keeping my carb intake down and my fat intake up, my macros were not where they were supposed to be. So I started focusing more on the macros and less on carbs and fat. And I have started losing again. But while I wasn’t seeing the scale move, people could see that I was losing!! So I started to measure and can see that I am dropping inches, even when the scale isn’t showing it. Keep it up!!
Good luck!

(Mohammed Ali) #3

Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot, I will never stop until i reach my goal and I will keep you posted.

Wish you all the best.

(Tricia Roth) #4

Here are things I’m trying this month after a 2 week stall.
1.Try to eat 20 total grams of carbs instead of net.
2. Reduce my protein. This is hard, and I don’t know what to reduce it to. I’m thinking 60 grams of protein for me. But, it has been kind of impossible to get below 85 or so…
3. Eat my maintenance calories instead of doing a restricted calorie diet.

(Candy Lind) #5

@Dr.MAN, these are three good things to try if you are in a total stall (which YOU are NOT). This is NOT a quick weight loss diet, it is a way of eating (WoE) that will heal what ails you and incidentally help you lose weight. Why did you start keto? Do you have conditions that need healing? Are you trying to “cut?”

If weight loss is paramount, you are doing GREAT by standard dieting dogma (if my calculations are right, you’re averaging 1.7kg/week over 90 days and nearly .5kg/week in the last 25 days. On any CICO diet I’ve ever been on, I’d be ecstatic. If there’s more than weight loss at stake, your body gets to choose which is more important, healing or dumping body fat (NOTE: your body is always right!).

Don’t freak about the exercise; it’s often suggested you back off at first until you’re fat-adapted. If you stress out, your cortisol levels will stop weight loss dead in the water.

When you’ve gone 3 weeks without losing anything, and observe no other changes (energy, measurements, other NSVs), give us a shout and we’ll help you tweak your plan to see about getting the weight loss going again. We all have to figure out our own “N=1,” but the nice thing about these forums is, you don’t have to go it alone. :+1: I suggest you simply KCKO (follow the link above) and stick to the basics, unless you have some other data that says you should be losing more, or faster.

(Ashley) #6

I’ve been keto about 9 weeks now. I always stay the same weight for a week or two and then I’ll drop 5 pounds. I wouldn’t call it a stall unless it’s a few months with no movement, your body is adjusting.

(Ashley) #7

Also once your fat adapted, fasting may help you. I am starting to implement intermittent fasting and extended fasting and it helps break through. But your not going to just drop all your weight like boom. It’s a lifestyle change, it took a long time to put on the weight. It’ll take time to take it off.

(Mohammed Ali) #8

That’s all I was looking for, a little push and I will go back to the gym from tomorrow and nothing can stop me now.

honestly speaking I was dreaming of seeing two numbers on the scale (I mean to be under 100 kg again) if sticcking to keto will maintain my weight I’m more than happy.

as you mentioned it’s a way of eating it’s not a diet.

Much Love

(Mohammed Ali) #9

you are absolutely right, it took so much time to gain the weight it will take longer time to drop them.

I have started intermittent fasting as well before Ramazan, now in Ramazan any way we fast more than 18 hours.

Thanks for the support