I Know What To Eat On OMAD But Not How Much Should I Eat

keto
omad

(Ovidiu Drobotă) #1

Hello guys,

I’m a newbie when it comes to the ketogenic diet.

I would like to eat one meal a day but I don’t know how much food (in grams) should I eat. :frowning:

Sometimes I’m so discouraged because I feel like I’m never gonna be able to figure this out. So I need your help.

I want to know how many grams of meat, fats and vegetables can I eat on a single meal; that’s because I want to eat only one meal a day.

Can someone help me figure this out?

I’m 7.5 feet tall (174 centimeters) and I have 65 kilograms right now.

Can someone give me an example of a ketogenic meal and what exactly should contain? I would like to know in grams. E.g: 400 grams of meat, 100 grams of fat and 200 grams of vegetables.

Anyway, if I should know something else and calculate in other terms, please let me know. I want to learn.

Thank you!

How Many Calories Should I Eat On A Keto OMAD?
(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

So, you are about 6.5 feet tall and weigh 143 lbs?

What are your reasons/goals for eating keto?
Knowing that will help us. Also, they’re isn’t a specific number, just keep carbs under 20g. If you aren’t used to eating one meal a day then you’ll want to work up to it and get adapted first.

(Carl Keller) #3

The goal in eating one meal should be to eat enough to fufill your hunger without stuffing yourself. I can make a few suggestions based on some of my previous one meal a day meals but only you will know if it’s enough to meet your hunger needs.

Examples:

340 grams Ribeye, 3 large eggs fried in butter, 150 grams cooked broccoli, 20 grams almonds.

340 grams ground beef, 50 grams cheddar cheese, 150 grams green beans cooked in butter, 1 large pickle.

225 grams salmon, 4 boiled eggs, 250 gram salad with 6 grams ranch dressing, 6 grams cheddar cheese, cucumbers, spinach and small amount of red onion.

These are just examples. You may need to eat more or less than this depending on your hunger. Adjust accordingly.

@ 174 cm he is 5’7".

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

I did my conversion wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

(Ovidiu Drobotă) #5

Thank you guys for giving me good answers.

If I eat 390 grams of beef, 200 grams of butter and some vegetables which is under 20 grams of carbs, would that be OK?

How can I know if I’m eating too much fat? Is 200 grams of butter too much?

And how about calories? Not over 2000 calories a day, right?

In the “Grain Brain” book, Dr. David Perlmutter said that humans should eat 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. Would that be OK?