I Keep Coming Back But Never Last… Will This Time Be Different?

Well, if you are not hungry at all, to the point where the thought of eating more of a particular food makes you feel nauseated, and you force yourself to eat it anyway despite increasing nausea - yeah, I would consider that forced feeding. And yes, I’ve tried that and it really didn’t work for me. It led me to quit carnivore.

I will go with “eat to satiety,” which is what I”ve seen recommended everywhere except by a few individuals on this forum — who seem hostile for reasons that escape me. Which, btw, drove me off of this forum in the past. This time I hope to stick with the forum and try to just ignore them as much as possible.

Depends on the situation, if you’re eating something like 1000cals a day, then ya! At my worst I had my RMR measured at 1700! Was holding me back huge, didn’t have enough energy for work and my lifting, wasn’t progressing in the gym, and every macro calc would have me eating at least 2800 or so because of my height/weight and goals. But thanks to the lowered RMR, that would just put fat on me in record time.

About 1.5yrs of reverse dieting and now I can maintain at around 3000cals, and lose 1lb/wk at 2500.

Unfortunately all forms of meat I’ve tried - including plenty of ribeyes - got extremely tiresome after a while. We’ll see how it goes this time. But I’m committed to this WOE now because I really don’t see any other good options for me.

OK, but it’s either truly forced feeding, or it’s not, and you just feel that way. You said nothing of how much you’re actually eating, as you probably don’t know since you won’t track it. There’s a time and a place to NOT listen to your body, but whether that’s appropriate or not can only be judged when you have all the info to work off. Plus, even when that is the right move, reverse dieting is a very slow and intention thing, it’s not just stuffing your face and making yourself feel sick. The amount you’d eat extra at any given time would barely be noticeable when done right.

I think you probably have a low bar for what you’re considering hostile. This forum isn’t like that. No shortage of us all doing very different things, and I’ve yet to see anybody being bashed for doing different things if it works for them. Even it it was, it would be dealt with very quickly. Both the community and the mods have no tolerance or ambitions to ever let this place turn into Reddit.

You do you

My understanding is that s/he is saying to count calories. That is what I was advised (in a very aggressive, attacking manner) last time I participated on this forum.

I have never been a calorie counter and have always believed in eating to satiety and listening to my body. That is the advice I have read almost everywhere but this forum.

I’m my opinion, saying “you will fail” to someone you don’t know, and hardly know anything about, is pretty hostile. Maybe my bar for civility and mutual cooperation is too high, but I don’t think so.

But eating to satiety is what I see here as advice, all the time…
And it does work for very many.
If someone comes here and the food intake is very low, people focus on that, sure, no wonder. Some people may talk about starvation when it’s a possibly perfectly okay intake even though low but even so, most people here don’t do anything that may be called an attack. They mostly just warn the one in question. Too many people eat too little, it happens on keto when people gets too easy satiation but some people have an old eating disorder. So it’s good people point dangerous problems out. I personally like to be careful as some people need very little food naturally, without a slowed down metabolism but there are limits.
(I have no idea how much you eat, I just remember the cases when people came with crazy numbers. There was below 500 kcal too.)

When listening to the body doesn’t work, as I already wrote, I am all for changing the food choice or timing, not being forceful.
Sometimes tracking our macros for a little while is helpful as some people proved that listening to the body may not be right. But it very often works well, just like it should.

Depends on the circumstances but not a polite thing to say and almost always quite wrong, indeed (sometimes it’s clearly true that one will fail, pretty rarely though, I don’t underestimate people). Most people are still okay here and newbies are almost always warmly welcomed, it must be some good reason it not being the case. I wrote “most” before too as it’s a forum with many people, some are temporal, of course there are comment that are very much not okay.
And many people have a more or less rigid idea, they experienced one thing and consider it a general thing. But being dismissive or rude with newbies or anyone else isn’t a common thing.

(The carnivores are especially lovely, I don’t know why. If my sensitive soul feels a bit attacked as it happens if one is me and half-live here, I just go to the actual carni thread and enjoy that warm, fluffy nest feeling. That combined with a nice biggish carni meal is very soothing.)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #29

Let’s just take a moment to calm down. We can re-open the thread later.