I ❤ Instant Pot

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1

I made my first Instant Pot pork shoulder tonight, and it was fantastic.

Used the pork carnitas recipe from the IP website as a starting point. Skipped the beer and orange juice, and used some freshly-made chicken broth for the liquid instead.

https://instantpot.com/instantpot-carnitas/

Really delicious, and the fatty pieces were great. Melt in your mouth.

Instant Pot is definitely #BoringKeto.

(matt ) #2

Awesome!

It’s my favorite cooking device. I use it almost every day. One of the favorites around here is this one http://www.lemonlavenderlove.com/2016/04/chicken-with-jalapeno-bacon-mustard-sauce-in-the-instant-pot/

(Candace) #4

I haven’t used my IP for anything other than rice and potatoes, so I am excited to see these kinds of recipes. I knew they were out there, I just haven’t tried any of them. Thank you guys for the links!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

And hopefully, you’re not doing that anymore? :wink:

(Candace) #6

Only for my husband :slight_smile:

(Sara Tuliano Dawson) #7

Instant pot is LIFE CHANGING!! I use for bone broth (so much quicker to make vs. slow cooker) and meat/soup dishes. I go off the nomnom paleo IP recipes.

(Cathy) #8

So much better for me to do bone broth in my I.P… I don’t love the smell of simmering bone broth and the instant pot almost totally eliminates the odour. It also produces a wonderfully rich and flavourful broth. If I were making nothing else, I would still have bought my I.P.

I also love the moist and delicious whole chicken, short ribs, side ribs, hard boiled eggs and yogurt I have made with this most useful device!
:chicken:

Love the IP. Made curried lamb shanks last night in a bout an hour. Yum!

(Hoby Bradfield) #10

I just made a batch of bone broth from pork neck bones with my new instant pot… set it up, went to bed… and it was cool enough to put in to jars this morning…

(Cathy) #11

I love my I.P. as well. I do bone broth (poultry only) regularly and occasionally, yogurt. It is the easiest and best yogurt.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #12

Which Instant Pot do you all have? looking at the Duo Plus. They only have the Duo Plus in 6 Quart. I want an 8 Quart pot because I’m feeling the 6 Quart will be too small. Also, can we fry stuff in these pots?

(Doug) #13

I :heart: Instant Pot

Lots of Canadians are saying this.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #14

I have the 6 quart, and the only thing that would make me want the larger one is being able to cook a larger roast.

My wife regularly makes chicken broth, and since only she and I eat it (our sons aren’t fans), the 6 quart makes as much as we can get through while it’s fresh.

We also use it for making pulled pork carnitas, hard-boiled eggs (my wife was initially a skeptic, but now swears by the IP for eggs), and occasionally yogurt.

(Janelle) #15

You can “sauté” in the IP. It’s not like using a stove burner though. If you are going to sauté and then use pressure, you should think about deglazing the pot with a little water or you could mess with the pressure seal.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #16

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll get the 6 Qt Ultra. The Ultra does more than the Luxe and I think 6 Qt should be enough for my roomie and me (he’s also doing Keto). I tend to not buy huge cuts of meats and I can always use the oven for turkeys and roasts if they are too big for the pot.