I hate Brussels Sprouts

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #22

I love roasted brussel sprouts! I hate cauliflower though :face_vomiting:

UPDATE i love them roasted! I prepare mines by cutting them in half, sauteing in chicken bone broth then adding HWC, bacon bits and melting in italian cheeses.

Saw this thread and giggled. I love these Brussels Sprouts! Hubby made them for me for the MOther’s day dinner. I’m very allergic to corn, and he had corn on the cob for everyone else. For me, however, he put the b-sprouts into foil, added a big chunk of butter and salted them, then wrapped and grilled. OMG. Delicious. I could have just eaten the whole mess of 'em! But, that would have been poor form for such a nice dinner.

They are incredibly delicious, raw, grated into a salad, as well.

(Mollyann Hesser) #25

Im allergic to corn too. It seems to be in everything. Another reason keto is the way for me!

(hottie turned hag) #26

This, plus add some vinegar to the water -same goes for cabbage- and bitterness is much diminshed also odor when boiling.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #27

I decided to give sprouts another chance just a few days ago. I hadn’t eaten them since I was a kid and even then I didn’t eat them so much as hide them because my mother never met a vegetable she didn’t boil the life out of.

Anyway I tossed them in bacon grease, salt, and pepper and spread them on a sheet pan, then I arranged a dozen chicken legs on a rack over them and shoved it all in the oven. So good!

I’ve slowly come to realize over the years that I don’t hate vegetables. I just hate Mom’s cooking.

(Linda) #28

I’ll eat 'em even just boiled and seasoned and smothered in butter. But I have always thought that it was a good thing they taste so much better than they smell.

Of course I also like slimy boiled okra, so I probably can’t be trusted.

(Hoby Bradfield) #29

What’s wrong with slimy boiled Okra??? Lol

(Linda) #30

Not a thing! I was also probably the only kid in the elementary school cafeteria who ate my spinach. :slight_smile:

(Edith) #31

I love Brussels sprouts deep fried, sprinkled with garlic salt, and then drizzled or dipped in mayo mixed with shriracha sauce. Soooooo goooooood!

(Hoby Bradfield) #32

Lol… maybe…

(Marianne) #33

Hmmm, are you talking about the powder that comes in the envelopes to make dressing, or can you purchase it in a shaker? That sounds really good.

(Marianne) #34

What about cauliflower and french onion dip - love that!

(Carl Keller) #35

You can get it in packets or bulk. Try a packet first to see if you like it.

(Marianne) #36

This sounds delicious - anything in a bacon cheese sauce.

(Marianne) #37

I have to admit, I don’t get the okra thing (?).

(Marianne) #38

We were just at BJs this morning (similar to Sam’s/Costco). I bet they had it. :frowning:

(Carl Keller) #39

You can use it on poultry, pork and beef as well. I use it, garlic powder and S&P on all my meat.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #40

I’ve never tried it that way but I suppose if I completely submerged cauliflower in French onion dip it might not be so bad :joy:

(Edith) #41

Mashed cauliflower made like mashed potatoes is pretty darned delicious. You might like it that way. :yum: