I figured out how to fix string cheese

snack

(Teresa Driver) #1

Low-fat mozzarella cheese sticks are just so convenient. And so. very. bland. My brand has 5 g of protein per stick, but only 5 grams of fat. What to do? What to do? Ah ha! Soften 2 tbsp of butter and use it as dip for the cheese sticks. They taste much better.

(matt ) #2

I always let mine warm up and I just bite off chunks. My kids get so upset that I don’t pull it off in strings. I will dip it in butter and watch them explode.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

You can also slice them into rounds, pop in the oven to make cheese chips, put any seasoning you like on them to pump up the flavor.

(Teresa Driver) #4

Ha! If you want to really freak them out, tell them that only grown-ups are allowed to do it snerk.

(Teresa Driver) #5

That’s a good idea. I’m thinking parmesan and black pepper would be lovely.

(Andrew Anderson) #6

I mash pork rinds and add spices, dunk the sticks in an egg bath and deep fry in the skillet!

(ece53c7f75b7d1cfb0c4) #7

Ack! Must try this.

(matt ) #10

You are still stuck in anonymous mode…I can see if we can help you with that if you like.

(Teresa Driver) #11

I think today I will string said string cheese and top with bacon, parmesan, butter and garlic. The anarchy continues lol.

I fry them in butter and sprinkle on some garlic salt. No batter needed! They get golden brown and hold their shape.