I eat a lot of fat, animal fat

carnivore

(KevinDV8) #1

My eating plan is simple- I just eat meat- any meat. One to six meals a day, and I don’t worry about it- it is all rather yummy.

Love it, so you are zero carb and not keto then?

Yea we carnivores eat the meats and good meat fats for sure!!

If you are carnivore and wanting to chat come over into our monthly support thread…right now it is called Meat MayHam :slight_smile: Love to have a new carnivore on board!

and that steak pic on the grill looks delish to the max!

(Bob M) #3

But if all you do is eat meat, you’re not necessarily eating a lot of fat. I find if you want to eat fat, I have to add fat to most meat.

@ctviggen— you ain’t getting the carnivore style here :)…but don’t go there on telling this person they aren’t eating lots of animal fat :slight_smile: :slight_smile: The cuts we eat, the extra tallow or lard or butter we add to our meals…this poster didn’t mention how all they are eating ya know in full…so don’t bother bashing it over his head! :slight_smile: I am saying this nicely but being carnivore I get exactly what this person is saying! They eat ANIMAL fat and are saying they eat alot of it vs. NOT eating icky plant crap oils :wink:

(KevinDV8) #5

I like to eat it right off the grill while it is cooking, dipped in the butter of course. By the time it is cooked, it’s all gone.

I did keto for years before it became popular. I lost 75 pounds doing keto but it took several years. I have made every keto recipe there is and the are great, but I have still have T2D. Now that I eat less than 5 grams carbs a day, the weight just started falling off again no matter how much I eat.

14 lbs? So I take it you have alot more to lose in your journey but ya tackled alot of lbs gone on ‘trying keto’ thru the years and you got good results but it took alot of time right?

I am thrilled you are doing so well on carnivore! Without carbs our inflammation in our bodies truly start to leave and we heal and we change.

I am like you, I eat it before it mostly hits the plate too, right out of the pan into my gob HA

I was one to ‘have tons of trouble’ walking the ‘carb limits’ and lower and lower I went the better I thrived and any carbs to me are an addict magnet thing for me so I hit carnivore also and found my path…sounds like you have also!

(KevinDV8) #7

Well said. fp|504x500 . I too was impressed with how much fat was in my diet. I would eat one hamburger patty (the cheap stuff 75/25) and one scrambled egg with it and Fitness Pal said it was over 73% fat. Most unaware people would call eating hamburger and eggs a high protein diet. (this is a screenshot from fitness pal for one burger patty and one egg)

(KevinDV8) #8

The more strict the plan is, the easier it is to follow for me. There is just so much less calculation and thought in it. Just remembering to “not eat plants” and lactose is easy to remember.

I going to a pancake house with my whole family this morning. I will stare at all the cinnamon rolls and order steak and eggs. I will walk out of there, and work the rest of today doing construction feeling great. They will all be full and sleepy.

oh boy this is a full on truth and biggie for my family…my 16 yr old daughter is ‘kinda low carb’ and watches intake a bit cause I taught her that but my hubby is ALL in SAD eating…he comes home from eating out not being able to move, couch tater and I never want to go back to that…like you said we eat but are full of energy after and want to move and be productive…the carby eaters just wither out and have to process that sugar poison thru their bodies til they can even want to function again…I know, I been there too LOL

You eat well. You keep eating all you need all the time! Carnivore lets us do that to heal and change and the meat/seafood and great animal fats give us all we need to do just that. Heal and change!

Many people ask for help and that’s fine… But it’s nice when we have people just showing they do their things right! :smiley:

I am not as good as you but I still can relate…
I don’t need added fat to reach 73% myself (I think I am usually below but it’s not rare). Fatty meat and eggs (often more yolks) can do the trick just fine (it’s easy for me as I eat fatty pork in a country where fatty pork is highly popular and not even expensive. not like my turkey wing 2 days ago wasn’t fatty enough with all the skin on it… no added fat was used there either. but my protein was higher on that day. usually fat is higher).

So, it seems you do it right, well done, congrats for the loss and other benefits this far and good luck in the future too!

(KevinDV8) #11

I’m curious where you live. I’m in the US in Washington state. Love pork. It’s fatty and cheaper than beef here, about two to three dollars a pound, but I prefer rare meat so I usually try to stick with beef.

(Laurie) #12

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, Kevin. I eat a version of carnivore (with some dairy), and it is indeed simpler. Also cheaper.

(Vic) #13

Love your plan Kevin :sunglasses:.