I don't have cancer

cancer

(Kaiden) #1

Colonoscopy yesterday. Due to a genetic anomaly (MSH6 polymophrism, to clarify), I need one every other year. Two years ago, one very small polyp. Motivated me to go ketogenic. This year, not only do I have no polyps, I have also diminished my diverticulosis (also due to another genetic issue - Ehlers-Danlos syndrome).

I’m going to liberalize my protein a bit, since it worked without really restricting. But, I’ll need to do more fasting and/or caloric restriction since I have achieved the dreaded state of “metabolically healthy obese,” and have been plateaued for a year.

(Troy) #2

I had to see what the genetic issue entailed. Just looked it up …
I learn something everyday here on this forum

Thank you for sharing!

Congrats on your progress

Just had Family member that had a NO cancer colonoscopy
And diverticulitis as well

Well done Kaiden! Great news re your colonoscopy and diverticulosis results. Wishing you continued success with your journey :smile: Keep us updated…

(Ellen) #4

Great news, you must be so happy.

(Jay AM) #5

That’s excellent news! Especially the longterm affliction change.

In regards to the rest of your post,

(Kaiden) #6

I have a few issues going on
1.) Obesity
2.) TBI
3.) EDS
4.) Lynch
5.) Potential autoimmune involvement.
6.) Estrogen dominance

I’m really not sure which one to work on first, but probably 1 or 2. My biggest concern is that my call center will be closing in November, or before then, so I’ll need to have a working brain and a body that is more difficult to discriminate against. If I go with my brain, I’ll probably need to chase ketones. If I go obesity, I’ll need to be chasing the scale. Either way, I think the Lynch will be controlled, as long as I stay in net ketosis.

(Jay AM) #7

Considering the scale doesn’t determine what you look like and your body can be helped at the same time as your brain, it’s not a one or the other deal. At some point you might consider therapeutic ketosis for the inner stuff but, therapeutic ketosis still helps with the outer stuff as well. Fueling your body and having a good functioning BMR is important for both also. We have instances of long plateaus being fixed with reducing protein and upping fat and also upping calories to raise BMR.

(Kaiden) #8

For control of cancer… really, for general longevity, I want to keep my low BMR.

(Jay AM) #9

Having a low BMR isn’t a want to keep or not thing. Your body has the BMR it needs to run at and the one people try to make it run at. If we make it run too low, it’ll reduce external processes to protect the vital ones. Processes like losing fat which it now wants to keep around for safety, keeping you warm. I’m not saying actively raise your BMR to move the bar up. But, maintaining the correct one and not one below it. I’m not sure how having a low BMR controls cancer exactly. I’d be interested in the studies.