I didn't realize I was beginning to Fast more!

(Denise) #1

I’m still eating as much, but leaving that “window” between meals, and not feeling starved at all! I skip the lunch thing a lot because I don’t eat my first meal til noon. Like yesterday, I started my workout when I would normally be eating breakfast, then I showered and wanted to go out for a walk with my little dog, forgot to eat at all, lol :wink:

It’s just become a better routine for me now. Also, I stopped buying those darn shelled peanuts because those were turning into a bad habit between my small lunch and dinner-time.

I think stopping caffeine also helped. I only drank 2 cups in the a.m. but started just half and half decaf/leaded. Now I only have decaf, barely a cup and a half. So nothing between meals. More consistency in my weight-resistance bands routine (45 min. or so), and my walks atleast 30 minutes.

I really didn’t think I could go without snacking, even said “I’m not giving up snacking” but I do feel better, not hungry and not wanting to munch, and that’s because I’ve gotten more busy with other good “habits”. I just hope I stick to it because “stuff” still happens which I figure is just genetics, or old(er) age :grin::wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Hey, if it’s happening by accident, and you’re not forcing it on yourself, it is almost certainly nothing to worry about. I suddenly stopped wanting to eat in the mornings after a year, year-and-a-half on keto, and I have been fine on two meals a day ever since. There are occasional days when I am hungrier than usual and want a morning meal, but they are very rare. On those occasions, I simply give my body what it wants, and then the next day I’m back to my regular meal schedule.

I’m also finding that my desire for snacks between meals, which is more an emotional-eating thing than a real hunger thing, is slowly declining. Now if I could just stop tripping over the carbs people leave lying around . . . :scream: :grin:

(Denise) #3

One benefit of living alone, I don’t have any carbs I shouldn’t be eating around. I feel for folks that have kids, and husband/wives that don’t do Keto. I don’t know that I would be doing so good if I lived with anyone except Mimmie the dog, and I don’t like her food, at all!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s funny after posting that this a.m. Paul, I felt hungry, but instead of eating, I am drinking my ACV/lemon tonic as it might be part of the reason I’m not so hungry in a.m. Not sure though, but I am sure it helps me with my allergies, and I think probably keeping my gut’s PH balance. You can be sure I’ll eat though if I’m hungry :slight_smile: or still hungry after my concoction I got from a Keto guy on youtube. He was doing it just for his acid reflux.

(Allie) #4

This is me but with evening meals rather than mornings.

(Robin) #5

my “people” has his own pantry shelf and fridge space. I keep a tight whip.

I meant ship, but letting that typo speak for it’s self.

(Denise) #6

That’s awesome Robin, that’s the way I would like it, especially after being on my own well over 20 years now, I just would only go for a “sort of” independent together relationship :wink::grin:

(Robin) #7

@Goldengirl52 We keep EVERYTHING separate. We both had 12 years single (after a divorce), and knew that we wanted to maintain our autonomy in almost everything. Has worked out well. We’ve now had 12 years married.
Hah! Just realized the coincidence!