I can't say enough about Keto, and this forum

(Denise) #1

I just can’t believe between my light lunch, fasting, and no dinner yet, my BG was 5.1 today!! Or 92 mg/dl!

This has been the biggest accomplishment of my life, getting diagnosed with T2 diabetes and bringing my numbers down, just with nutrition, and the exercise has helped I’m sure. Sorry, I’m bragging but it just astounds me! I rarely check but I’ve quit snacking between meals, so more fasting going on :slight_smile: I think I need to ask for another HbA1c as well, it’s been over 3 months pretty sure but I’ll check :wink:

Gotta thank folks here for sure, I couldn’t be doing so well without all your help and support :wink:

(Richard M) #2

Good for you. But it sad that it takes the population so long to understand that anything sold on all Media is bad. If people just researched and were disciplined, their life would and could be much better.

(Robin) #3

Oh, Denise! Isn’t that grand???
Yes, this forum was my life line for sure… and I still thrive because of the community, whether or not I am looking for advice.
YOU are appreciated too!!!

Yay you, Denise! :heart::heart::heart:

(Denise) #5

I tried one of those low “net” carb tortillas @Janie told me about and 1.5 hours after dinner I only had 107 or 5.9. I was so thrilled as I love just a little of that sort of texture food. I found mine at Walmart too!

(Denise) #6

Yes, not throw the baby out with the bath-water :wink:

(Denise) #7

Thanks Lass :wink: People kept telling me it takes time, and I did have some rather immediate results, but things are still getting better and better :+1::woman_cartwheeling:

(Marianne) #8

Being astounded is a great feeling! I am so glad for you!

This forum has helped me so much - in the beginning when I didn’t know what I was doing, people were so encouraging. Since then, I have learned so much science supporting the keto WOE, and all of it convinces me I am on the right path to the best health I can achieve.

I’ve enjoyed your posts.

I’m so happy for you - you’ve made so many great changes and you’re reaping the results of your efforts.

(Jane) #10

Thanks for posting this and being an inspiration to others on the same path who may be struggling a bit!

(Jane) #11

We will be having dinner with our neighbors tomorrow night and she is T2D but won’t give up the carbs and sugar, even though she knows she could get off her meds if she did.

She will be serving a dessert and I cringe when she eats it. Even if she couldn’t cut back on other carbs at least stop eating sugar! They all look at me so sadly when I turn it down and I just smile inside because I don’t even want it. At least they don’t get offended.

told to my MIL abut 15 yrs ago thru her Dr and she didn’t listen and now she is rotting from the inside out wtih tons of medical issues all from this…so…yea I can feel ya on the cringe big time and I am seeing what it does NOW in their lives when told, they don’t listen but it is them, they live and do their own thing so at some point, ya can’t worry one iota on it. I can’t anymore.

(Jane) #13

No, I don’t worry as it is out of my control, just shake my head.

My 88-yo Dad has been T2D for years and 4 years ago I talked to him about keto or just low carb for his T2D. He and I did Atkins together when I was in high school in the 70’s so he knows how to eat low carb. He ignored me, which was ok by me - I tried.

Then a couple of years ago his doctor told him to limit his carbs to 100 or less or he would have to increase his meds or go on insulin. He started out at 100 and then lowered to 50 and got his blood sugar back under control with metformin. He started telling me how great the low carb diet was and didn’t remember me trying to get him to eat that way LOL. Didn’t care - just glad he has cut his carbs way back and eliminated seed oils from his diet.

eta: and he tracked meticulously for months… using paper, pencil and a book with carbohydrate values in it LOL. At least he was tracking! :+1:

(Denise) #14

I get the same from people I know here, and on Facebook. I just think the lies we’ve been told since birth, maybe unintentional of course, but all the same, we’re so brainwashed on what is healthy and what isn’t. I see the biggest problem being the simple carbs, goodies, or just plain over-doing carbs. Our bodies didn’t get the chance to burn any fat. Too busy burning up the carbs until our burner, got burned out :sweat_smile:

I get your story on it all cause we did the same. Tried. Lead a horse to water…

at this point ‘almost’ my empathy is gone but not all gone in that WE control our future and ‘when told’ what ifs, and ya choose the bad, then it hits ya…MIL is having eye injections for that macular eye degen thing for the past 5 yrs…dizzy and kidney functions/liver issues/ and COPD and more…all going lower, BIG leg swelling and now heart congestion and more and on about 14 pills per day, who knows what they hell they all are cause we said pick 1 doc to figure it out and she is like, must leave it alone. OK

omg

I think truly writing this out I am done. what happens happens as it was made to happen by this person so…choices right? I don’t know for them but I know for me, leave it alone.

(Denise) #16

I probably a bit OCD, but I had heard enough about diabetes over the years, I couldn’t tell you where now, but all I could think of after diagnosis, was having parts of my body amputated. I’m glad I was “sort of” scared straight, and again, thank God for this forum and keto!!

(Oliver ) #17

Oh so cool story. Thanks very much for sharing @Janie :slight_smile:

*are very glad for you and your dad which seems as awesome people.

You aren’t bragging you are reporting and updating us. :grinning:

(Bob M) #19

My grandparents on my mother’s side and my dad all developed T2 diabetes, to the point where they had to use insulin. I saw that and decided I didn’t want to be like my dad got: still eating pasta, but having to take insulin to do so.

(da461ac19ffef1ee04f3) #20

Thanks for sharing your success - it’s more validation that this works and is sustainable. Good for you to enjoy better health!!!