I Cannot Tell You How Much I Hate Studies Like This

(Allan Misner) #1
  1. What did you eat February 1999?
  2. They lump meat in with fried foods like their the same thing like convicted rapists and daycare workers.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll all for more veggies and some fruit in the diet, but why must all these studies structure themselves to provide yet more bad science around meat. And never consider that it might have something to do with food quality.

(John) #2

You never see studies of “diets based on a variety of healthy foods including meats, eggs, vegetables.” Probably because there would be no big headlines and nobody willing to fund the research through grants.

My personal low-carb eating behavior includes eggs and meat, but also vegetables and some fruits (berries). Just no grains, sugars, or starches.

So sure, eggs+meat+fried junk food = bad health. Just like air+water+fried junk food = bad health.

(Carl Keller) #3

That article is from 2008 and it seems like the cardiologist referenced in the study may have had a change of heart since then.

This article is from 2017:

http://www.cardiobrief.org/2017/02/27/top-cardiologist-blasts-nutrition-guidelines/

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I think high meat and fat consumption with breaded/battered fried food like KFC and all the popular breaded chicken and seafood products are what this is based on. The SAD. In that context high meat/fat consumption is unhealthy. It’s only when we eliminate carbs and sugars from the equation that they become healthy and don’t contribute to coronary diseases. Just my 2 cents but the study may be more relevant in the context of the SAD. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Alec) #5

First sentence…

“Diets heavy in fried foods, salty snacks and meat account for about 35 percent of heart attacks globally, researchers reported on Monday.”

Meaning that 65% of heart attacks are caused by diets high in fruits and vegetables???

And then they explain they asked people what they ate 5 years ago… really? Seriously? This is what you base your “science” on, and then use it to create media scare stories? What a prize load of bollox.

(charlie3) #6

I’m expecting to see a headline that reads, “Grass causes heart disease in cows”

(Allan Misner) #7

No, it just means they believe they’ve tied 35% to a particular diet. The rest could be just about anything like smoking, diabetes, etc.

(bulkbiker) #8

why?

If there are no essential dietary carbs then…

(Bunny) #9

This is a fascinating n=1 by diet doctor:

How much protein can you eat in ketosis?

(PJ) #10

Some of the “food surveys” used for epidemiology …

– if someone eats cookies cakes donuts pastries, thats an egg in there
– if someone eats the above, that’s in the same category as meat “because it’s high fat”
– often ask questions about “what you remember eating” (like X quantity of Y per week or month) for a month, season, year, or MORE

…and from this we are supposed to assume… anything. It’s ridiculous. It might be ever so slightly better than no information at all, but it is merely information gathering. In the field of nutrition, it is definitely not science.

And realistically you cannot possibly “un-confound” the factors of people eating burgers with buns and fries and drinks.

(Bunny) #11

There are ‘essential dietary micronutrients’ that you cannot get from lean muscle meats only especially the grain fed only meats, they just happen to be in a carbohydrate and then you have dietary fibers as whole food are less likely to be stored as adipose fat or visceral fat by insulin or without insulin via directly by the liver.

Meat (protein) or a carbohydrate your YOUR STILL BURNING DIETARY SUGAR with either one when eaten in excess? (exogenously or endogenously)

Meat lovers game blaming the carbohydrates?

Carb lovers game blaming the protein?

:rofl::slightly_smiling_face::joy::rofl::slightly_smiling_face::joy::joy::rofl::slightly_smiling_face::joy:

What a mixed up world!

Then we have the big MR. DIETARY FAT <=== he controls how much insulin is going to be released! (grass fed saturated or plant based extra virgin saturated?)

Interesting to note grain fed only meats when slaughtered are literally turning to mush (organs and glandulars) on a molecular level when you simply touch it with your finger from the lack of the micro nutrition they are not getting from the live grass?

(bulkbiker) #12

Wow… complete cobblers …

(Bunny) #13

…I’m more of a cordwainer …lol