I can see? is it possible?

(eschor) #1

came home this lovely sunny day and thought…i need some d3(sun). so set myself up with a book in the yard. sat down and read for about an hour…when suddenly i realized. oh my. i am wearing sunglasses. the reading glasses were on my head(like a hairband) but i had pulled down the wrong glasses and had been using the sunglasses to read for over an hour. no dr confirmation…but wow. could my vision be back to 20/20? who knows . still. had to share. n=1–keto works.

Great news! :grinning: Yeah, other testimonials in this forum that their vision improved. Makes sense…since metabolic derangement (like diabetes) increases risk of eye diseases and sight loss.

Obviously it depends on what the problem was in the first place but I have heard lots of similar stories. What a great NSV.

(Newimprovedme ) #4

Wow, that’s great!

Eye doctor told me the inflammation from high blood sugar can effect the eyes and once it is controlled it is not uncommon to see changes in prescriptions.
When I first started keto, I had one hell of a time working for 3-4 days because I couldn’t bring my computer monitor into focus. I moved the monitor closer, further, changed the resolution…it was crazy!

(David Driver) #6

I don’t know about 20/20 but changing your blood sugar balance and insulin utilization will change your vision. I have had more than one optometrist tell me that they can see T2D before a PCP can.

(Craig) #7

If near print is more focussed, appears as though you’ve had a myopic (short-sighted) shift in your prescription.

Could be change in refraction of your eyes’ lenses due to change in blood glucose, however would have expected a corresponding decrease in your distance vision through your sunglasses. Is possible that you’ve regained some of your accommodation ie your lenses’ ability to change shape to focus at near.

(Craig) #8

Correct. I’ve had to send people away to have their blood glucose checked prior to prescribing specs, knowing that if they are an undiagnosed diabetic, that any tightening of blood glucose control may make any specs I order now worthless in the future.

My suspicions may have been raised by a recent change in prescription, but also it is possible to view early signs of diabetic retinopathy directly at the back of the eyes with our instruments.

Sadly many eye conditions occur more often, and earlier, in diabetics compared to the rest of the population ie cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration.