I am stressed. Newly into keto

(Chris) #1

Hey all,

I just feel like I’m overly thinking about this leap I have made. I’m worried that if I do something wrong I’ll ruin myself. Im worried that there is a mixed consensus on this keto lifestyle. I’ve been well under 20g of carbs and 100g of protein each day give or take. Hitting or nearly hitting fat as long as I’m full. I’m intermittent fasting 16/8 I eat noon and 7pm. Just need reassurance. I don’t know about "flu but I’ve been a little hazy, slightly odd stomach feeling (like heavy I guess), slightly more tired and less active since I started. Also worried because I’m on lithium (which is a salt) for Bipolar. Any kindness or advice would help :slight_smile:

(Dustin Cade) #2

That’s why I tell people when they start to rest mainly meat eggs and cheese… This helps keep carbs ultra low and carb cravings to a minimum! Don’t allow yourself to be hungry, listen to your body!

(Chris) #3

I’m not often hungry although only eatting 2 meals. Stomach feels heavy at times

(Candy Lind) #4

We have a saying: KCKO - Keep Calm, Keto On. You are generating cortisol with all this worrying, and that will bring any progress you are having to a halt.

You probably need more sodium. Salt all your food, and when you feel woozy or tired, take some salt with a glass of water.

You should do a search in the forums for BiPolar - I believe you’ll find that people are being helped by eating keto. You can look for the names of people who say it’s helped them, and post any questions you have about their experiences.

In short, you are overthinking. I think most of us have at one point or another! Just KCKO and things will work out.

(Chris) #5

Thanks! You’re a gem