I am better

(Thomi M) #1

Better in that the chronic illnesses and mental health issues which have been plaguing me, disabling me in reality, are getting better. Fading. I did not expect this. I just wanted to avoid diabetes, which would have been just one too many chronic pains in my butt to deal with. So. I AM BETTER. And I never thought I could be. And I feel awesome!

(Jacquie) #2

That’s wonderful! I’m so happy for you! :grinning:

You’re in the right place. Glad to hear there’s another reaping the benefits.

(Keto in Katy) #4

:+1:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

(Richard Morris) #6

Outstanding.

I first heard about this effect from @Brenda who told us in episode #21 that going ketogenic had a remarkable effect on depressive cycles.

Turns out there is science supporting a ketogenic diet as a treatment for depression. Apparently the process of using ketones for fuel causes a critical neuro-hormonal balance to favour glutamate conversion to GABA

And the most current theory is that depression may be caused by an imbalance in glutamate/GABA.

There is a good article on the synthesis of all this in Psychology Today

(Róisín ) #7

That’s great news, it really is an amazing way of eating

(Cathy Schroder) #8

It’s the best feeling ever isn’t it? Congratulations to you for taking control of your health!

(Thomi M) #9

What really amazes me is the variety of Dx I have and how they are universally improving.
Bipolar - more even moods, no suicidal thoughts, no mania
Chronic daily migraine (24/7/365/8yrs) - reduced to mild headache
Fibromyalgia - remission? Gone?
Pseudo seizures/Conversion disorder - no symptoms
Anxiety/Agoraphobia - significantly reduced

I have been training a service dog and now am wondering if I will even need her!

Thanks for all your kind words everyone!