Husband wants steak? I make steak

(AnnaLeeThal) #1

He asked for steak. The child already at dinner. Time to bust out those Wagyu NY strip steaks I got the other week!

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

I bet they were deeeeliciousssss

(AnnaLeeThal) #3

Still working on them. I’m making garlic butter to go along.

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

yum

(AnnaLeeThal) #5

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

I find myself wanting the cut-away view

(AnnaLeeThal) #7

Better?

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

Perfect! looks deelish!
I’ll wait til you have it in your tummy for a review of the wagyu and the cooking process.

(Tom Seest) #9

You must love your husband…

That looks wonderful.

(AnnaLeeThal) #10

I did an hour and a half at 129 degrees, put it in the water bath frozen.

Pulled out the steaks, pat them dry, seasoned with salt and white pepper, and seared for about 30 seconds each side in a dry hot cast iron skillet.

Served with garlic thyme butter.

The meat was very good, tasty, tender. There was a bit of gristle along the edge. The dogs were happy about that.

This really seems like a fool proof method to get tender steak cooked to the way you prefer.

(AnnaLeeThal) #11

Yep. And I love steak, so it’s a win win.
He always eats what I put in front of him and never complains. Well, except the one time I attempted beef liver.

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

Not a liver fan…but cooked right it ain’t bad and it is good for me so I keep trying.

I need to get my hands on a fresh one and try that.

(AnnaLeeThal) #13

I made chicken liver mousse the other day, it was pretty good. Hubby hasn’t tried it yet. I can get good chicken liver for $2 a pound here so I’m going to buy it every so often and hide it in meatballs or something.

(Rebecca) #14

I just did the same with scotch fillet/ribeye at 54C for 1 1/2 hours from frozen. It was delicious. I just had plain butter with mine.

(matt ) #15

Sear the sides too. That fat will crisp right up!

(matt ) #17

Nice color on the sear!

Some science)

(Ron) #19

I bet the readings would be better if the steak weren’t overdone.:open_mouth::rofl::rofl::rofl: