Husband is irritating me

(Patricia) #102

I feel your pain as I am in a somewhat similar situation. My husband is a type 2 diabetic and doesn’t even know how to boil water for tea. If anything gets prepared, let alone cooked, I am the one doing it. I have been on keto for about 3 years and have lost a substantial amount of weight, and so have 2 of our adult children. My husband, however, pretty much finds ways to eat carbs even when I fix keto food.

If there aren’t things he wants to eat here, he wants to go out to eat. We are seniors, and don’t have tons of money to spend, so eating out all the time is not a good thing. I try to tell him to just go by himself, but he doesn’t want to do that. I’m getting tired of fighting the same old battles constantly.

He doesn’t expect me to bake for him, but he is always asking what I’m fixing or what’s for dinner. If it’s low carb, he goes looking for something else to eat. I feel guilty for not sharing some of my keto treats, but if he is just going to follow them with a granola bar, toast, or a big bowl of cereal, why should I bother? Some keto foods are expensive.

Anyway, guess I just wanted to add my complaint, but stick to your guns. I have a feeling your spouse is trying to sabotage you. I often feel my husband is trying to do that to me. He frequently offers me some of whatever high carb meal he is eating.