Hungry and Caloric Intake

(runner1974) #1

Ok… I have been lazy/strict keto since 1/1/2018. I have lost approx. 15lbs and over 11"… I am starting to build muscle… I run daily anywhere from 1 mile to 6+. I also weight train 3/4 days a week and incorporate full body/HIIT training as well… I used the TDEE calculator and it estimates approx 1500 calories… I still get hungry and find myself snacking in between… I know I need to change my relationship with food (in counseling) but I am struggling… Suggestions? Also do you track net calories?

(Allie) #2

If you’re hungry, your body is telling you it needs more fuel so please try to honour the request.

(TJ Borden) #3

THIS!!!

When you were eating carbage, hunger and satiety signals got screwed up. If you’ve cut the carbs, trust your body to know when it needs fuel.

(Running from stupidity) #4

Eat.

Here’s a fun discussion you might like to work through…

(LeeAnn Brooks) #5

There’s no such thing as net calories. I think you mean net carbs. Most people do use net carbs vs total, but it’s a personal decision.

Also, ditto all the advice to eat if hungry. Your level of activity makes your overall calories seem very low. Your body is telling you this.

(runner1974) #6

My app deducts exercise calories from what I have logged. Hence net calories that us how the app has it labeled. Today I ate a lot. I exercised for 40 min and then ran 7.5 miles. I consumed 2200 but burned 900. That is what I mean by net… sorry if I sounded confusing. My net carbs were 23

(Running from stupidity) #7

I quickly told Cronometer to not get energy expenditure data from my fitbit, as it seems to think that I’m expending olympic-athlete-in-intense-training levels of energy when I walk to the shop.

(Cynthia Anderson) #8

No one’s mentioned it here but I’ve used health status calculator for years.

Prior to keto whenever I wanted to lose weight I used cico. I lost and kept off over 40 lbs.

I based my calorie goals off what it said my tdee, bmr and calories burned were.

It worked for me.

With all you are doing your tdee seems low.