So let me start by saying I’m okay. Your advise and council is sought.
- 65yo male. Current weight ~220lbs. Goal <180lbs.
- at my biggest years ago I was probably about 300lbs. Never weighed myself.
- at 48yo had 4xbypass. Have been afraid of fat especially sat fat. Not anymore.
- Strict keto since 6/17/18. 3 years prior lazy keto.
- A1c went from 5.9 to 5.4 3 years ago with lazy keto.
- ~28 net lbs lost since June '18 and maybe 10 to 20 lbs of lean muscle mass gained.
- NSV numerous
- cut back on red wine from once or twice a week to less than once every two weeks. Really happy about that.
- I don’t cheat other than a few tablespoons of refried beans or a tablespoon of peanut butter once and awhile. Occasional diet coke but that is no longer on my acceptable menu list.
Started doing IF and then OMAD in the fall. Did one EF (42 hrs) before the winter celebration. Seems like when I have been doing IF and OMAD my satiety signals work better. Satiety this week has been absent. Macadamia nuts and pork rinds can usually top off a meal if the meal is not large enough and bam, 20 mins later, I’m full as in satiety. Not this week.
I do salt, electrolytes, etc. No issue there.
I do Time Restricted Eating most days without snacks except during dinner prep. However, I eat dinner around 6 pm or 7 pm. I go to bed at 8:30 so that I can be at the gym with my lovely wife at 5am.
Since pre-Xmas I have not been interested in fasting or IF. Had some days planned but because of kitchen smells sabotaged my interest. Today I’m doing 20/4 and so far so good. Fasting at work is easier than home. So getting back to fast today. Post-January Disney vacation I will work on EF.
What is this no hunger thing people talk about? What is this thing that people say about forgetting to eat? I really love food, love food prep (cooking) and love the social aspect of food. If I eat breakfast my brain tells me to eat lunch. That simple. If I skip breakfast it gets easier to skip lunch.
Funny thing is that I feel better on IF and OMAD days. Even with the stomach talking to me. You know what I mean. I think I need to meditate on that. That may be my new cornerstone.
I want to get back to 1lb a week weight loss or 1 & 1/2 lb. That would be good. Reading obesity code and will finish it this week. I’m getting some motivation from it and reinforcing the science I have learned here and elsewhere.
Eric aka DaddyOh
Oh, I have a daughter that is 26 @Hopeoftheflame that has lost 48 lbs since July 3rd. No, I’m not jealous, I’m happy for her. What Jason Fung talks about as the number of years of derangement goes up, the length of time to fix it goes up. Bingo!