Hunger! (ADF to OMAD)

Hi all,

So, I had been experimenting with ADF for a while and eventually started to only feel (a little) hungry on the eating days and felt decent overall. I really liked only having to think about food once every other day, however recently my mom made me stop doing ADF, so I switched to doing OMAD instead. The only things are, I feel like crap and am so FREAKING hungry all the damn time now! Seriously, I will eat a huge meal with meat, eggs, butter, veggies, etc. and then feel hungry just a few hours later, and it sucks! When I was doing ADF there was such little hunger. I’m eating the same foods as before, and my meals are about the same size too.

I guess my questions are: This will go away soon enough, right? When I started doing ADF, I didn’t even feel this hungry while transitioning, and I’m eating more frequently than I did on ADF now. And do you have any tips for making this transition easier? Thanks :slight_smile:

I would say, if anything, listen to your body. It sounds like it prefers ADF over OMAD. Seeing in your Bio, that you’ve lost 70 lbs. already, you should be well fat adapted, so it could be the type of foods themselves that your eating now-a-days, that’s not providing the satiety you’re not seeing? … This is just a personal thought, but I believe certain foods seem to help folks keep that feeling, while some foods don’t seem to do this as well, or can even take it away? Not referring or suggesting eating more fat to satiety, but saying simply some foods seem to be better for this, while others can have an opposite effect. (Such as Dairy, Nuts, etc.) … Though I haven’t seen too much from these, I can’t say they are doing me well, and I’m also looking to cut them back out for a while to see if I’m correct. … Just a thought.

I myself tried ADF once or twice and didn’t really care for it. I found that I enjoy fasting so much, that as soon as I skip one day, I don’t want to eat the next, but continue fasting for a few more days. … So, to keep things mixed up, I’ve been pretty much doing OMAD, with throwing in the occasional 2nd meal maybe once a week, just to keep it changed up. … But I’m also finding that I’m wanting to fast each week now, and I’m trying to make sure to put some eating time in between, shooting for an equal ratio. So on a monthly basis, I would like to see the same time for both eating and fasting.

Everybody’s different. It’s difficult to not listen to your mother, but maybe you should KCKO. Do what works best for you!