HRV Devices - Ouraring, Corsense, BioStrap

monitor
heartratevariability

(David S ) #1

Hey guys, I know a lot of people have one of the following devices, I was wondering what your thoughts are on them??

-Ouraring
-Corsense (made by EliteHRV)
-Biostrap

I have the Corsense - and it works well, is easy to use, good for snapshots of HRV when first waking or at certain points in the day. Charge lasts forever, and connects to phone only when needed…

Looking for a device to measure throughout the day or during certain activities (like while working)…I hear the Ouraring doesn’t report HRV during the day…

Following. Very interested

I just ordered an Ouraring, primarily for sleep stats but also for HRV. I’m happy to report back, but I think it won’t arrive for another few weeks. I’m ridiculously excited about it and keep brainstorming different experiments that I can do…

(Tom Seest) #4

I’m happy with my Corsense. I use a heart rate strap now (QuardioCore) that provides a continuous ECG and Heart Rate Variability reading, and a summary for the day.

(Bob M) #5

QuardioCore finally got approved for use? I gave up on it.

What do you do with this data?

The KetoHacking MD podcast had a discussion of HRV, but it was somewhat unclear what you do with this data.

(David S ) #6

Generally hrv is used to check underlying stress issues…it’s pretty complicated but seems to be quite accurate and insightful…check out elitehrv’s blog to learn more…

The quardiocre looks interesting but I’m trying to not wear a strap every day!

(David S ) #7

I reached out to biostrap and they’ve said there device accuracy for hr is withing 4bpm (seems pretty good) and hrv accuracy is with -15 ms, which I need to research and figure out how good of a reading that is…

(David S ) #8

Wow check out this link for the research on accuracy of hrv devices…bio strap being within 15ms is pretty good!

(Tom Seest) #9

QuardioCore has not been approved for sale in the US.

I bought one out of France.

(Boston_guy) #10

@ketooahu The Oura ring for sleep data is good, it reports the average overnight HRV. The nice thing is probably convenience.

Question about the Corsense - the descriptions say you just put it on your finger for a couple minutes. But presumably you have to also get phone, enable bluetooth, and bring up the app?

(David S ) #11

yes. it takes a while to get a reading. it works and is ok.

I bought the biostrap and it gives overnight readings as well…I also like it because it can do on demand readings by opening the app and doing it. it also takes readings every 10 min which I like…

(Mark Berry) #12

I’m so keen on getting an Oura ring but the Mrs isn’t as we’re buying a new house. I do HRV on my phone daily but that ring looks so good!

(CHRIS) #14

I have the Oura ring and love it. Since I work out 5-6 days/week mixing running and lifting I use the HRV and the algorithmic “readiness” score to tune my work outs accordingly. I also love the sleep tracking data and which I’m trying to use to be more disciplined about getting enough quality sleep. I highly recommend it.

(David S ) #15

That’s awesome and I’m glad you like it! I got the biostrap and love it! I like the fact that it does hrv throughout the day and throughout the night! So I can always compare the same as the readiness score by comparing my first awakened reading or do an ondemand reading right when I wake up!

It was also cheaper than the ouraring, but I do hear positive things about the ouraring!